Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Setting vision when token added

I'm having trouble making my tokens have automatic vision. I've edited the advanced tab "Attributes" to set the following settings: light_radius = 60 light_dimradius = 0 light_hassight = true light_losangle = 360 light_multiplier = 2 but when I drag the token into my dynamic lighting enabled map, the token doesn't have vision. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Otherwise, is it possible to create a macro that does all of this (this macro would also be useful for lighting torches...)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
After you edit the attributes, you must again save that token as the default token for that character. Setting the default is akin to "saving your work". Otherwise the token you drag out will only be the same as the setup the last time you saved default token. And yes, Token-mod is the script to use for this effect. You are a Pro user and can install it from the One Click on your API page. There are a number of lighting and Vision macros floating around that use Token-mod. Here is mine: /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{rname=Light & Vision}} {{description=[Snuff](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|off light_radius|0 light_dimradius|0 light_angle|360) | [Sight](!token-mod --on showname light_hassight light_angle|360) | [Blind](!token-mod --off showname light_hassight light_angle|360) | [Spot](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|on light_radius|5 light_dimradius|0 light_hassight|on light_angle|360) | [GM](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|off light_hassight|off light_radius|5 light_dimradius|5 light_angle|360) [Moonlight](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|on light_radius|15 light_dimradius|=-15 light_angle|360) | [Starlight](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|on light_radius|7 light_dimradius|=-15 light_angle|360) | [Touch](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|on light_radius|4 light_dimradius|=-5 light_angle|360) [Candle](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|on light_radius|5 light_dimradius|0 light_angle|360) | [Lamp](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|on light_radius|30 light_dimradius|15 light_angle|360) | [Torch](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|on light_radius|40 light_dimradius|20 light_angle|360) [Hooded Lantern](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|on light_radius|60 light_dimradius|30 light_angle|360) | [Bullseye Lantern](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|on light_radius|120 light_dimradius|60 light_angle|90) [Darkvision](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|off light_hassight|on light_radius|65 light_dimradius|=-5 light_angle|360) | [DV90](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|off light_hassight|on light_radius|95 light_dimradius|=-5 light_angle|360) | [DV120](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|off light_hassight|on light_radius|125 light_dimradius|=-5 light_angle|360) | [*Light*](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|on light_radius|40 light_dimradius|20 light_angle|360) | [*Daylight*](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|on light_radius|120 light_dimradius|60 light_angle|360) | [*Faerie Fire*](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|on light_radius|1 light_angle|3600 light_dimradius|0 statusmarkers|purple light_angle|360)}} It will produce this Chat Menu : If you use this Stylus Style , you can make it a lot prettier:
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You might have to edit the first line of the roll template, if you don't use the D&D 5e by Roll20 Character Sheet.