Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

RPG Maker

Hi guys, so i'am new here, and i'd like to know if i can make maps on RPG maker and upload em on roll20?

Edited 1574009288
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi guillaume R. , welcome to roll20.  I'm not really familiar with RPG Maker...  but one of roll20's features is that it allows you to upload images to your account (6GB of storage for Pro). Art Library . If you can export an image from RPG Maker, you can use it as an image in your roll20 games.  There's lots of information in the wiki link above.  Post back if you have any questions. Cheers
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Not familiar with RPG maker, but it shouldn't be an issue, Roll 20 accepts graphics in a variety of formats. In most cases, a map should be a jpg file (don't use the jpeg extension, Roll20 doesn't like it.). Uploading can be done with a simple drag of the graphic from your computer or art library to the map layer.
Alright, ima gunna try this right now and i'll let you know if it work or not :) BTW can you tell me how i can make a character? i mean the whole thing with stats and history on roll 20? I can't find the page to create one, i need to understand how roll20 work perfectly so i can help my players (friends of mien that dosn't know roll 20 neither) when we'll start playing.

Edited 1574019661
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
guillaume R. said: BTW can you tell me how i can make a character? i mean the whole thing with stats and history on roll 20? <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal#Adding_Characters" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal#Adding_Characters</a> You need to be in a campaign/game to create characters. And if you want to use a character sheet for a specific game system in your campaign, you can look at: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Adding_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Adding_Character_Sheet</a> If a character sheet for your system doesn't exists in the dropdown, then you'd have to go the route Vince is suggesting, but I think that was not what you where after.

Edited 1574019619
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
guillaume R. said: Alright, ima gunna try this right now and i'll let you know if it work or not :) BTW can you tell me how i can make a character? i mean the whole thing with stats and history on roll 20? I can't find the page to create one, i need to understand how roll20 work perfectly so i can help my players (friends of mien that dosn't know roll 20 neither) when we'll start playing. If you need to create a custom sheet because roll20 doesn't have one for your rpg or just because you want something other than what's offered, you can create your own... (using html/css/js) From the roll20 wiki: Custom Sheet Creation Building Character Sheets : The How-To for making your own character sheets&nbsp; (for Pro Subscribers Only) Sheet Worker Scripts : An advanced feature of the Character Sheets system which allows the sheet author to specify JavaScript which will execute during certain events, such as whenever the values on a sheet are modified. Roll Templates : These are a special facet of the Character Sheets system which provide additional layout and styling options for the display of roll results. Beginner's Guide to GitHub : How to upload a character sheet for community use Character Sheet i18n : How to set up your Sheet to be easily translated into other languages
Alright, you guys answer pretty fast xD i'll check all of this asap and let you know my progress :D
Ok so there's the trick with RPG maker, i can't upload the background directly to roll20, but i can take a screen shot of my background and upload it into roll 20, thing is, the graphic style isn't exaclty the same so it end up being a bit ugly; Plus i have to add the decor from roll20 directly and not from&nbsp; rpg maker, or people will walk on it instead of "hurting it" i don't know if what i say make any sense at all.

Edited 1574033004
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Unless you add dynamic lighting barriers w/restrict movement enabled, tokens can move though other tokens on the same layer.&nbsp; So you could place your background (w/the various decor) on the map layer. Then add DL lines around the decor to prevent your players from walking/seeing(line of sight option) through said objects. ;-)
I think i see what you mean, but i'ma not sure that i acctually understand it xD mind explaining it again for a noob? :D

Edited 1574074717
Sr. K
Pro
Sheet Author
RPG Maker use a diferent system where each tile can be set to allow/restrict movement; when you add an object to a tile usually you block movement to that tile. To recreate this behavior using Roll20 you have to draw lines at the&nbsp; Dynamic Lighting Layer &nbsp;and activate the restrict movement option at the page settings of your map, this will make those lines to act like walls preventing tokens to move through. Also you can export .png images directly from RPG maker:
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
guillaume R. said: Plus i have to add the decor from roll20 directly and not from&nbsp; rpg maker, or people will walk on it instead of "hurting it" i don't know if what i say make any sense at all. Whatever program you use to make an image(that you intend to use for a map or something else in Roll20) doesn't save anything else than the visual parts of the image. All Roll20-related features need to be created inside Roll20.