Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Original Map making using Vanilla roll20 features

Edited 1574026995
Since I've been on Roll20 I've been preaching about the capabilities of what you can make using in house roll20 map making features. While I believe using pre-made maps is great and the hard work of these map makers should be commended, there's also a ton of use that comes with making your own maps. In the video below Everything is roll20 native save for a few Gifs and a sound file, which are easily imported via drag and drop. I hope you guys enjoy and are inspired to consider making your own maps.  The Death of a Hero
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Very cool J. Tyler.  I know a lot of people have issues running all the bells/whistles in a live game, but it looks like it worked out pretty well for your group.
Thanks. Honestly it's just the result of time in it. I'm just familiar with it. That said, it's nothing like what goes into the API and other things like that. In the grand scheme it's pretty modest stuff, but I just want people to see what can be done with some simple layering and such. It opens up another door of creativity for GM's. 
Elemental Flame
Pro
Marketplace Creator
This was very impressive to watch. As a marketplace creator I am obviously quite partial to people purchasing assets but that was very well done.
Elemental Flame I support purchasing assets of course! I think it's really great and creative stuff. I just also wanted to show off what is capable using the free stuff. I personally purchase assets from the marketplace all the time. Usually tokens, but I'm also really partial to modular map sets, and the occasional pre-made map if it's artistically pleasing. I would never want to dissuade someone from using the marketplace.