Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

why am i constantly fighting with the map?

each time I resizing the map it rushes up and the map way above the screen ... as I pull it down and click or move the mouse  bam the map shoot up fast as hell and I can't see the map anymore... bring it back down .... it does the same... how do I fix that?
Elemental Flame
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Are you left clicking to drag the art and then using right click to scroll the screen? I've found I have some difficulties when dragging something and then right clicking -- it sort of locks the right click in place so moving my mouse moves everything around.
I use the mouse scroll wheel and then I move the mouse it shoot up... I use the bar on the side pull it down and then I let it go.. I move the mouse it shoot fast up and off the screen... no matter what I do ... it shoots up
Elemental Flame
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I am a bit stumped. Rather than using your mouse to resize the map, you could try right clicking on it and then going to Advanced where you’ll find an option to set dimensions. You can specify what size you want the map to be. After it is resized, perhaps try moving it one square at a time to the spot you need it. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
When you say "resizing" do you mean zooming?  Do that with alt-mouse scroll.  Bare mouse scrolling will slide the map up and down, shift mouse scrolling will slide it left and right. 
I’ve seen this behavior a few times when at maximum zoom out. Try zooming in just a little or resize your grid a bit larger (more grid squares in the page).
Ok that's what I did .... it fix it .... thank you  Thank you