Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

So I think I decided...Rappan Athuk for pathfinder

So, I've never ran a game on Roll20, nor any other VTT. I'm strongly leaning toward Rappan Athuk for Pathfinder 1e, because it's the system I know best...However, figuring out how to start is proving daunting. I'm thinking I'm gonna give myself until after New Years to kick it off...I have PDFs of hi res maps...I imagine upgrading to pro, but are there other things I have to buy? Tokens etc? Also I'm not too sure how I'd go about importing the maps. Will they import straight from the pdf files into roll20? also, stat blocks for monsters. There are a lot of standard monsters, but a metric ton of things that aren't covered? How does one go about doing statblocks, or should I just run it out of the giant book?  Any help from experienced GMs would be greatly appreciated Pat

Edited 1574142221
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Patrick, you will need to extract the images from your pdf's and import them into roll20.  I think extracting images will depend on the pdf's and the pdf software your are using.  Your mileage may vary.  I believe roll20 does allow you to import a pdf as an image one page at a time.  I personally consider that useless, but meh.   You can run your game on roll20 totally free.  There are some very nice benefits for GM's if you upgrade to a paid account though.  You should look at the subscription options to get an idea what the different tiers offer.  I would say start with free and test the waters first. If you are running PF 1e, roll20 has the srd compendium for free and you can buy the Bestiary to have access to all the monsters included within the bestiary.  The PF Community sheet allows drag/drop of the free compendium monsters, but doesn't work with the Bestiary.  The Official PF 1e sheet by roll20 works with the Bestiary and other Paizo AP's from the marketplace. The Official PF 2e sheet works with the 2e Bestiary and I believe it has some drag/drop access(still in development) to the 2e CRB. You can always set a sheet up as a monster and manually enter stats.  Named Monsters/NPC's are best done with this method, but multiples of "lesser" mooks are best set up as token's based off of a single monster.  Info on linking tokens to a sheet and making mook tokens . Post back as you have questions.  Lot's of help on the forums.  Cheers