Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Brand new looking to use my smartphone for video and audio--will that work okay?

I've been thinking of taking the plunge and running a Roll20 5e D&D game, but I haven't done it before and the tech side of it is a little intimidating if I'm honest. Mostly I don't have a webcam on my hand-me-down computer and am curious about using my smartphone to provide my audio and video feed. Is that workable? I have the Roll20 app for my phone and an account on my computer. The thing is, I don't know how to hook the two together and I'm not sure how much of that I can do without having other folks in a session cooling their heels while I figure things out. It's made me a little leery of getting started with my game until I can figure things out. Anyhow, any help folks can provide, I'd greatly appreciate! Thanks.
1574167583
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I don't think the built in audio/video will work with a smart phone. I would suggest using a third party audio/video solution. I use Zoom and Discord, both of which have web, native, and phone apps that work well.