Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

New GM, few questions about abilities and attributes (without premade character sheet)

Hey, so me and my group wanted to switch to roll 20 for practical reasons and I (GM) have naturally been assigned the task to understand how it works. We play with a homebrew set of rules so finding a sheet that worked fine for us was impossible. That's when I discovered that there is a cool basic sheet thingy for when you don't select any. Thing is, I can't really seem to make it work and documentation on it seems very poor. The main question I have is about maths in abilities and attributes, how do you add two attributes into another inside an attribute or ability ? It seems to work fine if I roll a dice and add an attribute to it but when I try to add them without rolling the dice it just writes x+y in chat
1574517344
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
They need to be part of a roll, which doesn't mean there are dice. You can use inline [[@{name|attr1} + @{name|attr2}]] If you're putting this in chat, you must reference the character name.  If it is in a character ability, you can omit that.  Abilities are just a collection of chat commands (aside from the reference shorthand), so if you can do it in chat, you can do it in an ability.