Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rick & Morty D&D Adventure

Are we gonna see the Rick & Morty Set available on the marketplace?
came here to check when i saw it for sale on other places. any ETA?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Now <a href="https://blog.roll20.net/post/189314284630/dd-now-with-big-rick-energy" rel="nofollow">https://blog.roll20.net/post/189314284630/dd-now-with-big-rick-energy</a>
I'm a little confused to why this material is available on Roll20 when the Dungeon Master´s Guide isn't. Not that I have anything against Rick and Morty.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The Dungeonmaster's Guide is likely to come in the coming year, when Roll20 fills out its WotC catalog. I believe a lot of the hold up has been over using it "right". Rather than just port over the text and tables, but to present the material in a way that has hooks and utility within the Roll20 environment. But this has only been my personal impression, not a Roll20 announcement.
Why did no one reply that this was on the way when I asked?&nbsp; Is there no PR team?&nbsp; was it a secret?&nbsp; why on earth would you keep it a secret when your competitor is selling it?&nbsp; &nbsp; Any satisfaction that this is available is crushed ten times over by the fact no one at roll20 reads the forums, or even tries to advertise upcoming products, or makes any efforts whatsoever to engage the community. &nbsp; If i had not accidentally seen this - i went to listen to music that happened to be on tab next to roll20 - id never know about it.&nbsp; Unbelievably horrendous customer service, total lack of respect or appreciation for paying customers.&nbsp;&nbsp; If 2019 has proven anything, its that Roll20 is tone deaf to the needs of their market.&nbsp; #ZoomGate #Roll20RunByJerrys
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Bad DM [Matthew P.] said: Why did no one reply that this was on the way when I asked?&nbsp; Is there no PR team?&nbsp; was it a secret?&nbsp; why on earth would you keep it a secret when your competitor is selling it?&nbsp; &nbsp; Any satisfaction that this is available is crushed ten times over by the fact no one at roll20 reads the forums, or even tries to advertise upcoming products, or makes any efforts whatsoever to engage the community. &nbsp; If i had not accidentally seen this - i went to listen to music that happened to be on tab next to roll20 - id never know about it.&nbsp; Unbelievably horrendous customer service, total lack of respect or appreciation for paying customers.&nbsp;&nbsp; If 2019 has proven anything, its that Roll20 is tone deaf to the needs of their market.&nbsp; #ZoomGate #Roll20RunByJerrys Well, if you have caught other threads where people asked about the release of things, a response I have seen often revolves around:&nbsp; "As a part of Roll20's licensing agreement, specifics can’t be revealed until closer to completion and with the agreement of the licensor".&nbsp; If that is the arrangement under which they operate, just exactly what do you expect?&nbsp; You seem to think they are maliciously withholding information.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Also, if they have planned an announcement for a certain time and place, why would they change those plans based on someone requesting they do so?
Kraynic said: Well, if you have caught other threads where people asked about the release of things &nbsp;-- i have not caught such threads &nbsp; You seem to think they are maliciously withholding information. &nbsp;-- not maliciously, just more "asleep at the wheel".&nbsp; If it is official they do not announce products, that might be something to put in a FAQ or stickied post, so people like me dont ask over and over when product X will be out, or are they even working on it, etc.&nbsp;
keithcurtis said: Also, if they have planned an announcement for a certain time and place, why would they change those plans based on someone requesting they do so? I requested they change a plan that i didnt know existed ?&nbsp; What?&nbsp;&nbsp; I also see you post above about the DMG being released in 2020... sounds like youre requesting they change their secret plans!&nbsp; &nbsp;
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Bad DM [Matthew P.] said: keithcurtis said: Also, if they have planned an announcement for a certain time and place, why would they change those plans based on someone requesting they do so? I requested they change a plan that i didnt know existed ?&nbsp; What?&nbsp;&nbsp; I also see you post above about the DMG being released in 2020... sounds like youre requesting they change their secret plans!&nbsp; &nbsp; So secret it is mentioned in one of their Roundtable posts under the production heading:&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7564522/community-roundtable-round-up" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7564522/community-roundtable-round-up</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The DMG post was my personal guess based on publicly available information, and labeled as such. I didn't ask Roll20 to change anything. And there was absolutely nothing wrong with your initial request. In fact, it was a good question. My post concerned the conclusion that it was "Unbelievably horrendous" customer service that this particular forum thread was not answered. There was likely a reason, and a couple of users have offered some possible explanations, again based on publicly available statements and past behavior.
Elemental Flame
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Wow, this escalated quickly. if they were willfully concealing the fact that they released the Rick and Morty Adventure, someone didn’t get the memo because I found it at the top of the announcements forum yesterday.&nbsp;
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Elemental Flame said: if they were willfully concealing the fact that they released the Rick and Morty Adventure, someone didn’t get the memo because I found it at the top of the announcements forum yesterday. Yes, yesterday, but OP posted this question 4 days ago, predating that announcement.