Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Assistance with Ed S's XP-Calc Macros please

<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3310815/5e-ogl-xp-calc-macro/?pageforid=3320883" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3310815/5e-ogl-xp-calc-macro/?pageforid=3320883</a> &nbsp;Original forum post. I can't PM Ed apparently and can't reply to the post so hope someone can help me.&nbsp; I have setup a character named "Macros" and then created the abilities as mentioned in the forum post.&nbsp; When I run the macros this is what happens and is true for any combination of target creatures/party level/party number: 1.) Click XP-Calc in Macro Bar 2.) Chat is populated requesting # of monsters defeated 3.) Select number and then select tokens as prompted on the grid. 4.) Input value for # of characters when prompted 5.) Input value for party level when prompted 6.) Nothing happens. Last thing in chat is still the "Select number defeated" box. I still have the "Choose Target: Creature #" box at the top of the grid as well.&nbsp; Thanks!
1574985975
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That sounds like there's an error in the html entities somewhere - these things:&nbsp; &amp;#125; I'd double check to make sure you've copied all parts perfectly. If you're sure, tracking the issue down will be a bit of a nightmare. Maybe Ziechael will see this post and have a go.
Hey, I'm here. There are a couple of things that could be going on.&nbsp; Make sure the monster tokens you have selected all represent a creature in your Journal tab. Try it with just 1 creature first to make sure it will work.&nbsp; Make sure that the creature has an XP value in the Character sheet and that it doesn't contain any commas. Higher CR creatures will sometimes have a comma in the XP value which will tank the macro.&nbsp; Edit the creature if needs be. Like I said though try it with one or two creatures first to make sure it is working. Let me know how it goes, and Happy Gaming Ed S.
Hey Ed, I'm glad you saw this and thank you for taking the time to reply! Your screenshot immediately showed me what I was missing. I probably should have caught it earlier when I was following your original post and looking for commas in my XP values. I'm running LMoP and drag and dropped from there so I just assumed their values were correct. The problem is the creatures all have "### XP" as the value. Removing "XP" has fixed the macro. Thanks again, Ben Ed S. said: Hey, I'm here. There are a couple of things that could be going on.&nbsp; Make sure the monster tokens you have selected all represent a creature in your Journal tab. Try it with just 1 creature first to make sure it will work.&nbsp; Make sure that the creature has an XP value in the Character sheet and that it doesn't contain any commas. Higher CR creatures will sometimes have a comma in the XP value which will tank the macro.&nbsp; Edit the creature if needs be. Like I said though try it with one or two creatures first to make sure it is working. Let me know how it goes, and Happy Gaming Ed S.
Good I am glad it worked! That is one of my most used macros.&nbsp; Happy Gaming Ed S.