Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Share macros

Hi! I find it rather tedious that I can't share macros with others in a game. I know that I can give out the scripts and everyone can make their own macros but as said, it is tedious and if there is need for change, everyone needs to do the change.

Edited 1575045820
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You might consider making a "macro-mule" character that has all your macros.  I create one character for player-based macros ("player_macros")  and another for the GM ("gm_macros").  Give the player's permission to control "player_macros" and they can choose to show those macros on the quickbar, as token actions, or call them directly by name e.g. @{player_macros|melee-attack}.  Editing the macros on the "macro-mule" will be applied to everyone using those macros and it makes transferring your macros(player/gm) between games much easier.  Just one option.
It seems like the ability to give macros to players is behind the Pro status as I can't find any options to do so. If that is the case, this one is closed.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Typoko said: It seems like the ability to give macros to players is behind the Pro status as I can't find any options to do so. If that is the case, this one is closed. Not sure I follow... ;-( if you are referring to my macro-mule example above; any GM(free or subscription) can make a character(that includes your macros) and edit the journal's permissions to allow "All Players" access to the macro-mule character.  more info:  Macro Character Sheet
Oh I didn't understand what you meant with giving control to the players. You give the control of the sheet and not the macros as the macros are part of the sheet. I understood that you would be able to give permission to the macros itself. I tested this and it seems to work! Thank you very much!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Typoko said: Oh I didn't understand what you meant with giving control to the players. You give the control of the sheet and not the macros as the macros are part of the sheet. I understood that you would be able to give permission to the macros itself. I tested this and it seems to work! Thank you very much! Cool beans. 
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .