Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFDM][PF][PAID] Looking for a DM to help me dip my toes back into RPG

Edited 1576108719
UPDATE: 3 players may be joining Hello, I miss gaming, specifically table top. Unfortunately I am lacking in any friends, but I do not lack funds. So with your help and my money, I was hoping we could get something going. I suspect it would just be myself and you as the DM at the beginning until more people feel like joining. However im getting old and my time is precious, If we do bring on others please remember who the end customer is. What I want: A traditional low magic world * On a scale of no magic to harry potter, Id like LOTR Slow leveling * I quite enjoy levels 1-10 and would like to stay in them for a longer period of time No world calamities * THIS CANT BE STRESSED ENOUGH * I do not want our characters to be the center of the universe saving the dimension from an evil plot Deadly combat * I dont mean more or harder monsters, but losing should have dire consequences * Even if we still win, we should lose a little A money sink * A castle, a mercenary guild, etc * Something we can feel proud of to expand, but will help keep us from inflating our wealth * Needs to have some benefits for owning though Fame/Infamy * People should start to hear about us * Our actions should have consequences * Doing magic in front of people should change how people view us If you think you can provide the above, on either a Friday night | Saturday | Sunday , please reply below with YOUR requirements. Please be straight forward. Sincerely, GrumpCat

Edited 1575152769
hello so seeing what you have hear, i like what im seeing, to say im a long time DM and storyteller been playering for over 12 years now, haven played alot of systems and settings, created many more, i enjoy to make worlds for my players, i personaly enjoy rp and down to earth play, along with consequence, but i would like to talk some time maybe over discord, what i can say on the subject of requirements is Voice is a big one for me im not a text based dm, im ok with it but i prefer voice other then that im ok with what your good with i would like to chat with you just so you see who i am and i see who you are so you can better get a feel for who i am, on the ends of money i rather discuss that private but not really into it for that, i rather give you a good experience well it is a nice boon i rather discuss it in private now what i can offer first im a long time dm with alot of successful campaigns im a artist so if your looking for art i ca help with that, i also make maps alot so you can look forward to that i've done alot of systems and settings so if your looking for it then i can do it i personaly like creative combat as well but as said i like to discuss what my players want and give them options based on that so they can have a good bit of fun with different concepts you can find me at THERATMAN #9142 on discord just remember to remove the space 
I am still looking for a GM
What game systems are you looking to play?
GM Jeremy said: What game systems are you looking to play? Pathfinder
Still looking for a DM
GrumpCat said: Hello, I miss gaming, specifically table top. Unfortunately I am lacking in any friends, but I do not lack funds. So with your help and my money, I was hoping we could get something going. I suspect it would just be myself and you as the DM at the beginning until more people feel like joining. However im getting old and my time is precious, If we do bring on others please remember who the end customer is. What I want: A traditional low magic world * On a scale of no magic to harry potter, Id like LOTR Slow leveling * I quite enjoy levels 1-10 and would like to stay in them for a longer period of time No world calamities * THIS CANT BE STRESSED ENOUGH * I do not want our characters to be the center of the universe saving the dimension from an evil plot Deadly combat * I dont mean more or harder monsters, but losing should have dire consequences * Even if we still win, we should lose a little A money sink * A castle, a mercenary guild, etc * Something we can feel proud of to expand, but will help keep us from inflating our wealth * Needs to have some benefits for owning though Fame/Infamy * People should start to hear about us * Our actions should have consequences * Doing magic in front of people should change how people view us If you think you can provide the above, on either a Friday night | Saturday | Sunday , please reply below with YOUR requirements. Please be straight forward. Sincerely, GrumpCat So a few things that are holding you back from finding a game are; 1. Preferences are great, but dictating the exact world the DM must run is a hard sell. 2. Preferences are great, but being completely inflexible is a hard sell. 3. Unless you are purchasing an entire game slot, most paid DMs need to be able to fill a game to make it worth their time  too, being demanding about things that most players are not hampers that. 4. Pathfinder is probably the second most popular game right now behind 5th edition, but if you are unwilling to play in a world because it has a larger story going you are only making it harder on yourself. Good luck, and as always, good gaming.

Edited 1575980581
The Dungeon Master said: GrumpCat said: Hello, I miss gaming, specifically table top. Unfortunately I am lacking in any friends, but I do not lack funds. So with your help and my money, I was hoping we could get something going. I suspect it would just be myself and you as the DM at the beginning until more people feel like joining. However im getting old and my time is precious, If we do bring on others please remember who the end customer is. What I want: A traditional low magic world * On a scale of no magic to harry potter, Id like LOTR Slow leveling * I quite enjoy levels 1-10 and would like to stay in them for a longer period of time No world calamities * THIS CANT BE STRESSED ENOUGH * I do not want our characters to be the center of the universe saving the dimension from an evil plot Deadly combat * I dont mean more or harder monsters, but losing should have dire consequences * Even if we still win, we should lose a little A money sink * A castle, a mercenary guild, etc * Something we can feel proud of to expand, but will help keep us from inflating our wealth * Needs to have some benefits for owning though Fame/Infamy * People should start to hear about us * Our actions should have consequences * Doing magic in front of people should change how people view us If you think you can provide the above, on either a Friday night | Saturday | Sunday , please reply below with YOUR requirements. Please be straight forward. Sincerely, GrumpCat So a few things that are holding you back from finding a game are; 1. Preferences are great, but dictating the exact world the DM must run is a hard sell. 2. Preferences are great, but being completely inflexible is a hard sell. 3. Unless you are purchasing an entire game slot, most paid DMs need to be able to fill a game to make it worth their time  too, being demanding about things that most players are not hampers that. 4. Pathfinder is probably the second most popular game right now behind 5th edition, but if you are unwilling to play in a world because it has a larger story going you are only making it harder on yourself. Good luck, and as always, good gaming. Um ok.. I mean I was planning on purchasing a full game slot. Sorry if I made you upset some how. To be entirely fair though, you replied to my post and sold your game even with the caps locked requirement for: No world calamities * THIS CANT BE STRESSED ENOUGH * I do not want our characters to be the center of the universe saving the dimension from an evil plot I mean, I understand your point, but this is one of the most important aspects for me, and what im paying for.
Not upset at all, I meant that as helpful advice. Apologies if it did not come across correctly.
Are you interested in other game systems like D&D 5e? Or are you committed to sticking with Pathfinder?
GM Jeremy said: Are you interested in other game systems like D&D 5e? Or are you committed to sticking with Pathfinder? Is there an open source for it?
GrumpCat said: GM Jeremy said: Are you interested in other game systems like D&D 5e? Or are you committed to sticking with Pathfinder? Is there an open source for it? There is. If you google "5th Edition Basic Rules" the first listing is the Wizards of the Coast freely published PDF of the basic D&D 5e rules. I would post the link but I don't think it is allowed to post links in these forums that take you outside of Roll20.
GM Jeremy said: GrumpCat said: GM Jeremy said: Are you interested in other game systems like D&D 5e? Or are you committed to sticking with Pathfinder? Is there an open source for it? There is. If you google "5th Edition Basic Rules" the first listing is the Wizards of the Coast freely published PDF of the basic D&D 5e rules. I would post the link but I don't think it is allowed to post links in these forums that take you outside of Roll20. I'll take a look and see if i think i'll enjoy it.
This is certainly something I can handle for you. I have a low magic world already built that would be perfect for the requirements you're looking for. I have also run games recently with some of the items you'd like to see (money sink upgradable object, high consequences to losing, winning still having a cost, etc.) I could run this in a number of systems, including my own easy to follow d20 system if you would like. I've been involved in TTRPGs for a little over a decade and work full-time as a professional game master and TTRPG streamer on Twitch. I charge $30 for a 3 hour game ($5 per person for a 6 person table) or $60 for a 6 hour game ($10 per person for a 6 person table). I would be available to run the game Saturday during the day or Sunday at any time. My only requirements are that the game have established safety tools in place (e.g. Lines and Veils) to insure everyone has a safe and enjoyable time. I can provide video samples of games that I have run on Twitch upon request. Please feel free to message me to discuss further.
UPDATE: 3 players may be joining
It is I!!! Maelstrom
^ that would be one of those players