Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e NPC sheet weirdness

I don't know what happened, but I added some monsters to a map and one of the other NPCs I had there had its character sheet replaced by the one for the monster I added.
Hello Stuart M., Please carefully work through to the first three steps of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues : Step 1:  Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4. . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This is a known bug that happens from time to time. The drag and drop feature gets confused about where you wanted to drop a creature. It is supposed to warn you when you are overwriting a character with a compendium-dropped monster, but every once in a blue moon, it skips and instead just plays havoc with your sheet. If you are using the D&amp;D 5e by Roll20 sheet, you can likely restore most of your character simply by reverting to PC. Many of the attributes are stored differently. I would still recommend using this as the basis to re-build the sheet from scratch. I wish I could tell you how to prevent this happening in the future, but it seems to be random. Fortunately, it is also rare. You can try contacting <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> and request a rollback, since this was a glitch and not an error on your part. It may undo other work you've done since, so it's up to you.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
And I also noticed that you said it overwrote an NPC . If it was a nonplayer character built using a PC sheet (a commonplace practice for named NPCs), the advice above about switching between PC and NPC might work. If it was built using the NPC statblock, the data is likely completely gone without a rollback.
Hi Stuart, It seems that you may have overwritten an NPC with a different NPC so it will require a Rollback in order to resolve. In this cases, please contact us directly so we can get it resolved for you You can contact us directly at&nbsp; <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> &nbsp;
Hi all, Sorry that it took me so long to reply. It was an NPC sheet overwritten by another NPC sheet. I don't think I'll have to do a full roll-back. I'll just replace the information manually. Tedious, but as keithcurtis said, thankfully rare. Thank you for taking the time to respond.