Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can NPC have two formulas for an attack roll?

Edited 1575269898
Hi, I wanted to know if there's a way to setup an attack roll that uses different formula for their advantage and disadvantage rolls? I feel that sometime cantrips that give disadvantage debuff such as Vicious Mockery and Frostbite ends up not being so helpful if the creature actually rolls above in both advantage and disadvantage, especially because the debuff fall off right after the attack ends, and this is okay for creature with low attack rolls such as +3 or +5 but for creature with high attack rolls such as +8 or +9 the disadvantage roll is nearly guaranteed to also be high, also, I think the concept of a boss that have really high advantage roll formula but really low disadvantage roll formula can be really cool, making these damage mitigation spells essential to beating the boss. I know this can all be implemented by rolling manually, but I wonder if there's some way we can manipulate the character sheet to do this for us?
The easiest way would be to simply add an attack that has all the modifications you want. 1 Click the + sign 2 -Write the new stats -Click the cogwheel to close it You can also use the text field to show other details about the attacks, describing the confused reaction to the spell.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
What formula did you have in mind? It's unlikely you could do this without the API, but there's some tricky folks out there. Personally, if I wanted to enact this in the easiest way possible, have them make the attack or saving throw twice (assuming you are displaying two dice rolls already). Then pick the best of the four for "super advantage" and the worst of the four for "super disadvantage".