Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[LFG] Newcommer looking for group

As mentioned above I'm new to the whole topic. I live in GMT+1 but can take an hour off during the workday if necessary. In the long term I'm mostly interested in being a game master but I want to have some experience as a player first to get a bit more comfortable with the rules of RPGs in general. Regarding the game I'm looking for I'm not picky and am willing to fulfill any role the party needs (healer, fighter, whatever). Currently I'm reading up on D&D 5e rules but I can switch my research to whatever system is asked for. I enjoy character and world creation as creative writing practice and my personal interests range from engineering and natural sciences to (military) history focusing but not limited to the 19th and 20th century. On the side I'm also experimenting with the idea of a roleplay based strategy game which I will be looking for test players soon.
We have opening in two of our games but I must tell you that each session cost $5. Sat 10pm EST  Dragons of Icespire Peak Sun 7pm EST  Ghosts of Saltmarsh We have only played about three session for each of those campaigns so you have not missed much. Let me know if your interested, send me a prvt message.
1575392194

Edited 1575392315
If you are having trouble finding a game you may find this nascent GMT friendly group advantageous. It's a place, much like these LFG forums, where you can post your interest in games and systems or where you can look for players or GMs amongst people with similar schedules. Just drop me a pm or post in the listing if you want to join us - everyone is welcome ;) Cheers!
Circe's Revenge said: We have opening in two of our games but I must tell you that each session cost $5. Sat 10pm EST  Dragons of Icespire Peak Sun 7pm EST  Ghosts of Saltmarsh We have only played about three session for each of those campaigns so you have not missed much. Let me know if your interested, send me a prvt message. Thanks for the offer but 4am and 1am local time will not work for me
JustAddSalty said: If you are having trouble finding a game you may find this nascent GMT friendly group advantageous. It's a place, much like these LFG forums, where you can post your interest in games and systems or where you can look for players or GMs amongst people with similar schedules. Just drop me a pm or post in the listing if you want to join us - everyone is welcome ;) Cheers! Thank you I've written a post tgere
1575468275

Edited 1575468695
Hi, we currently have a slot opening up in our campaign. This is the add my DM has posted in a few other places. If you are interested or have questions, message me for my DMs Discord. Campaign/Game Name:    An Unlikely Tale Number of Players: Looking for one more to join 4 so far Times/Dates: Wednesdays, 8pm to 10pm, UK time. Game system: 5e Brief overview: I run a wednesday night d&d group, but am recently down one player who has sadly now got other commitments. As a group, we are all around 30, and three of us have young families. We are also fairly new to the system as the most experienced player has only been playing half a year, and the rest of us only a few months. We would therefore be looking for someone similar in age and also fairly new to 5e as well. We use discord to chat, and dndbeyond (with shared source books) and roll20 linked for rolls and maps. The (abbrieviated) story so far: The party were thrown together when circumstance led them to fleeing a small town with a strange magical item from an unknown army. They fled with their lives, and with the intention of raising the alarm of an invasion. It has turned out that their identities have been discovered, and the Network of Thieves have their wanted poster. They have bargained with them: in exchange for removal of their bounty, they have been tasked with eliminating the Mayor of the city they are in or pay a large amount of gold.