Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Evil Hat] Fate, Fate Accelerated, and Fate Worlds Bug Thread

Edited 1575566145
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Thank you for purchasing the Fate Core, Fate Accelerated, Masters of Umdaar and/or Til Dawn! Quick Guide Accessing your content Compendium You can access all of the Fate rules, items, and monsters in the in-app compendium , as well as on the Roll20 web compendium . Which Character Sheet should I use? We recommend using the Fate by Roll20 sheet, available soon!
I purchased the Fate Bundle and added it to my Fate Core game, but I cannot find a way to differentiate between the Fate Core and Fate Accelerated rules using the in-game compendium.  There is no filter option, similar to the D&D Monster Compendiums.  The compendium choices in the game settings lists "Fate" with no distinction between the two versions of the system.  Is there some way to see only Fate Core in my in-app compendium?  Thank you.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Charlie - Hi there, currently there is no way to only view the Fate Core in your in-app compendium if you own compendium expansions such as Fate Accelerated. All Fate Accelerated pages available in the in-app compendium have "(Accelerated)" appended onto their page name, however, so you should be able to distinguish them in that way and simply disregard the rules they contain should you wish to play Fate Core. Thanks for playing!
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Ashton said: We recommend using the Fate by Roll20 sheet, available soon! I don't know how practical it is to recommend a not-yet existing sheet, but given that you actually say it's "available soon",it probably means it's out within the next few weeks, and almost guaranteed before the Winter Holidays... Ashton said: [..] as well as on the Roll20 web compendium . This link points to the 5E compendium, probably better to link to Fate directly.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks-- the link has been edited! Andreas J. said: This link points to the 5E compendium, probably better to link to Fate directly.

Edited 1575566602
Ashton said: Charlie - Hi there, currently there is no way to only view the Fate Core in your in-app compendium if you own compendium expansions such as Fate Accelerated. All Fate Accelerated pages available in the in-app compendium have "(Accelerated)" appended onto their page name, however, so you should be able to distinguish them in that way and simply disregard the rules they contain should you wish to play Fate Core. Thanks for playing! Is there a filter option coming?  That seems like a pretty poorly built compendium and a slapdash solution to using it.  You wouldn't want to read through D&D 5e Player's Handbook with the Fourth edition Handbook being mixed in and only differentiated by the headers, especially in an online format.  Many of the article titles in the Fate compendium are too long to see the full heading in the in-app compendium meaning you can see if it says "Accelerated" at the end of the title. I found a Fate Core book index article finally which is helpful but still doesn't show me the articles in the in-app compendium search bar, making it impossible to drag and drop them to the map and game journal (the reason I purchased the compendium). I would have just bought the $9.99 Fate CORE and not the bundle if I had known this would be a problem.  I paid more which made the thing I wanted harder to use.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Charlie -  Being able to adjust the sources of what shows up in a game is a highly requested feature. We hear the community desire to limit which compendium expansions show up in a game, and are discussing solutions as it requires quite a bit of dev time.  In the meantime, I'm looking to get the Compendium updated so that you'll be able to see quickly in-app which compendium you're pulling from. Expect an update to that before the end of the year. Also, the sheet will be live before the end of the year. 

Edited 1576076393
Phenomen
Translator
Fate by Roll20 Sheet   Feedback : multiple people on Fate Discord suggested that Aspects should be higher in the sheet since it's something you should always see at glance without scrolling to the bottom of the sheet.So here is perfect layout for left column (from the top to bottom): Aspects, Stress, Consequences.   Also it seems sheet was not exported to Crowdin for translation.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings Phenomen, Moving the Aspects is feedback we are considering. :) I found the issue with the Crowdin translations. That should be fixed and go up tomorrow. Thanks, Cassie Levett
Looking for the section "how to do stuff" in the compendium for Fate Accelerated links to a page not found. 
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Stefan - Hi there, I believe I've fixed the problem! You can access this page here:&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/fate/How%20To%20Do%20Stuff%20-%20Outcomes,%20Actions,%20and%20Approaches%20(Accelerated)#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/fate/How%20To%20Do%20Stuff%20-%20Outcomes,%20Actions,%20and%20Approaches%20(Accelerated)#content</a> . Thanks for your report!
Hey, I noticed that the Approach limit for the Accelerated mode is +3 when RAW it's +5. Was this intentional or a bug?
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Thoobn - I'll get a ticket in our system to take a look at this! Thank you for your report.
I obtained the Fate Complete bundle as a gift via code, but I am not able to access any Fate material in the&nbsp; compendiums. Additionally, the market place says I own the bundle, but not any of the materials featured within.&nbsp;
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Christopher - Thank you for your report! I had our developers look into this issue and we believe we've resolved it. Could you try to access the Fate material again and let me know if you can?
Thanks very much to you and the team, the issue appears completely resolved.
Hey Charlie, I want to, first off, congratulate you and all involved in this production. I've been a fan of FATE for years and been looking forward to a time when my daughter is old enough to enjoy and play this with my wife and I. I'd just like to let you know that I too am keen for a filter feature for each book in-game so it's easier to find. Do you have any guides to setting up games on here? Also which FAE sheet, if any, do you guys recommend or is linked to the marketplace bundle I just bought?
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Michael - Thanks for the feedback! We recommend using the FATE by Roll20 character sheet, which you can use for FAE by utilizing the dropdown menu on the top left-hand side of any created character sheet (see image below). As for getting started, I recommend you check out our Roll20 Crash Course on the Help Center, which should have all of the information you need to get playing on Roll20. &nbsp;