Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How do I access my monster manual

I bought the Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition monster manual in the marketplace. How do I access it?  I want to start placing monster tokens on my map but I can't find the Monster Manual that I bought. Do I need to download stuff? Same goes for the DMG and PHB. How do I use them? 
The monsters should be in the compendium.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Make sure your game is using one of the sheets that support D&D 5e: D&D 5e by Roll20 (Official and most compatible) Shaped Sheet (Less compatible, but more powerful and easier to program for, doesn't support Charactermancer) Community Sheet (Simpler, but doesn't support modern features, abandoned. I don't recommend.) Depending on your sheet choice, you may need to manually choose the D&D 5e Compendium under your game settings (so that it knows which Compendium to use--you wouldn't want the Monster Manual showing up in your Pathfinder game). Once you have verified these are set properly, load up your game. On the side bar, one of the tabs is your Compendium Tab (looks like a circle with an "i" in it). Click on that. You can either click on the Monsters category, or start typing the name of the monster in the search bar. Drag that monster by its name onto the VTT. It's there and ready to go! Depending on your sheet, all of the monster abilities are clickable macros: attacks, saving throws, etc.
Thanks KiethCurtis!! That's is the character sheet I'm using.  
I mean, I'm using the D&D 5E Roll20 character sheet.