Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I want customable 3d dice....

I love roll and collect beautiful dices, but roll20's 3d dice is not my taste. Is it impossible that change that design? I want buying custom dice design in market...then I can collect virtual dice set as real dice does.
Mino
Marketplace Creator
I don't know of any existing ways to change the 3D dice in Roll 20. I think the closest way to do custom 'dice' would be to prerender out transparent videos of a dice tumbling along a surface. There are a few problems with this though. For 1, you'd need a different video for each dice, and would have to also have a different video for each side of the dice too. Then, you'd have to determine the number randomly somehow and drag and drop a video onto the playfield. Unfortunately, doing something like a rollable token and using an API to change the side is likely not going to work because the API breaks animated files.

Edited 1575451519
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There was talk of the potential for marketplace 'skins' for 3D dice which I think was going to be enabled as part of the wider VTT update... it has grown into something of a mammoth task and a marathon update so not sure if it is still on the road map and can't find my sources to back it up other than my own failing memory. Would be sweet though wouldn't it! Lend your support to this suggestion which also alludes to the fact that it was 'in the works' at some point in the distant past :( And here is my proof ... sadly it also shows how much of a marathon the interface update became!
Mino
Marketplace Creator
Ziechael said: There was talk of the potential for marketplace 'skins' for 3D dice which I think was going to be enabled as part of the wider VTT update... it has grown into something of a mammoth task and a marathon update so not sure if it is still on the road map and can't find my sources to back it up other than my own failing memory. Would be sweet though wouldn't it! Lend your support to this suggestion which also alludes to the fact that it was 'in the works' at some point in the distant past :( And here is my proof ... sadly it also shows how much of a marathon the interface update became! I had never seen this before. You know, considering that Roll20 seems to have plans to get support for webGL sometime in the future, I wonder if that could be opened up again. There are some existing problems with 3D dice, so if those ever got fixed, it would be neat to see that feature return as part of the update.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I believe that a LOT of the plans for the interface initiative were put on hold due to the current canvas implementation... like you I'm hopeful that a move to webGL will unblock a lot of these things so fingers crossed for that! The best we, as a community, can do is support the suggestions tied to such changes and keep our needs and desires visible on the forums with threads exactly like this one. Power to the People! :)