Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[SCRIPT] Descent Second Edition Dice Mechanics

Edited 1398134607
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
Its here, works great. I was lazy, just wanted to get it out, so not all options work. For instance text output doesn't work, but really everyone wants graphics anyways! :) Easy to use. Note: You can easily change the command that starts the rolling "!d2e" to something shorter like "!!". You must have the first "!" plus one other character no matter what. Near the top of the script is a line that reads.... COMMAND : "!d2e", What ever you put between the quotes will be the command, but it won't work if you don't start with a "!". :) !d2e a 1 2 3 will roll one blue, one red, and one yellow dice and tally it up. !d2e d 1 2 3 will roll one black, one brown and one yellow dice and tally it up. There are lots of ways to make it way better. Add error checking, more options like giving both attack and defense on one command and have it total everything up, etc. Will get to it at a later time. One option I think users will want is to list the totals with one symbol and a number denoting how many of those symbols were rolled so that you don't have to add up all those hearts all the time. Will add to version 2! :) Oh and anyone who plays the game, do you want the blank sides to be included in the totals? I can do that easily, but I don't think they are used in anyway and the actual dice rolled show the blanks. As usual, if anyone wants to change anything or create their own better version form this one please feel free. <a href="https://github.com/morval/Descent-Second-Edition-D" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/morval/Descent-Second-Edition-D</a>... So give it a try and let me know how it works for you!
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
On defensive rolls I'll get rid of the Range zero listed. Also would you prefer on a miss for the totals to simply read "Missed" and not even show any of the totals? It will still show tha actual dice rolled. I think that's better, doesn't use as much chat window up then. I'll do that next as well.
oh my gosh...this is freaking awesome!!!!....now i gotta go figure out how to use it :)
again thank you sooooo much!!!!