Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 sheet is no longer open source?

Hello, The 5th Edition OGL by Roll20 character sheet wasn't updated more than 2 months on the Roll20 character sheets GitHub repository and in the README.md states that the code was moved to private repository, because of some CI features. Is there a way to get hand on the newest code or it is for Roll20 staff only and the sheet is no longer under open source licence? I'm working on some features ported from the 5eShaped sheet, to get the best things from both of the character sheets. Thank you for some information.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I just checked and they've done that with all the By Roll20 sheets.  The community sheets are open source, but they've always been more proprietary about the "By Roll20" sheets, and thats a good thing. They are responsible for maintaining them, and have to make sure they remain compatible with the marketplace products, the compendia, and so on. They are "official" sheets, and they have to take good care of them. Their sheets also take advantage of roll20's control of the backend, and can do things which community sheets cant. I remember people finding there were some styling features on the 5e sheet that weren't working properly when the sheet code was copied as custom sheets. They've likely moved into a propriety repository because they are doing more of this. If they do, copying the code from the repository and using it as a custom sheet won't be able to replicate the sheets as they appear in a roll20 campaign, so having access to that code will only lead to confusion. This is speculation on my part, of course.