Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

"Join Game" Search is acting funny...

I was doing a search tonight with a friend and we were both looking up Shadowrun games.... We made sure we were using the same checked off options as to get the same results, and yet we still got different search results. I got 11 returns while he only got 2, we triple checked that all our settings for the search were matching, yet I did another search a few minutes later, and then my result turned up only 3 games while he then got 6! Some of these are Living Campaign/West Marches games so with 77 slots open, it's not like someone joined and then the game just automatically got pulled from the Search Listings.... Whats making some games just disappear then reappear on the search results?
Nick said: I was doing a search tonight with a friend and we were both looking up Shadowrun games.... We made sure we were using the same checked off options as to get the same results, and yet we still got different search results. I got 11 returns while he only got 2, we triple checked that all our settings for the search were matching, yet I did another search a few minutes later, and then my result turned up only 3 games while he then got 6! Some of these are Living Campaign/West Marches games so with 77 slots open, it's not like someone joined and then the game just automatically got pulled from the Search Listings.... Whats making some games just disappear then reappear on the search results? I have witnessed similar things with searches using advanced search options. I can pick a system, day, time and a couple check boxes and find absolutely nothing. If I clear everything and search, I can find games that fit the original search criteria. I've not really dug into it because my plate is full, but perhaps clear your cache and browsing history and then rerun. Doubt the issue is on your end, but it never hurts to clear out those things from time to time. 
Yep, already cleared cache and etc, still the same results :( It was worth a try but... Blah :(
Hi Nomad of Endings - Would you mind providing me with the exact settings you were using for this Shadowrun search, please? Thank you!
I simply had "Shadowrun (Any Edition)" in the "Playing any games" search field, checked off "Show games with Mature Content (18+)" and left everything else as is. Didn't even touch the Advanced Search Options or anything