Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dynamic Light Improvements: Native Vision and Held Light Source

Edited 1575896146
So at present, there are a number of draw backs for Dynamic Lighting which can make the game a bit clunky.  The following would be some wonderful improvements: Native Vision:  Currently vision and light are not truly independent.  While you can attempt a poor facsimile of (for example) Dark Vision, (eschew the All Player See button), there are two problems with this.  First, it does not actually work as per the rules (e.g. D&D) and secondly you cannot also give that person a light source (without creating a separate token, which is a nuisance).  The ability to have Native Vision and separate vision and light source held would be a great step forward (and should be easily done). 2) Persistency: the light settings do not seem to carry over if the tokens and dropped on a different page.  Setting them all over again is a bit bothersome.  Can we please have this tied to the token please. Apologies if I’ve missed an obvious trick here. thanks in advance.

Edited 1575817434
For 2), you need to set the light settings on the token and then save it as the default token last. Setting the default token is like saving your work. See this video from keithcurtis: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTq3_e6MiRI&amp;t=216s" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTq3_e6MiRI&amp;t=216s</a>
Thanks Rabulias. &nbsp;I had set the Default Tokens for each of the PCs but before &nbsp;I had added the light. &nbsp;I didn't realise I'd need to reset the tokens once the edits had been made. &nbsp;Just tried it out and that all works. &nbsp;Many thanks. That just leaves Native Vision. &nbsp;Hopefully that will get the votes.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .