Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][D&D][5e][PAID] The Hozai Shrines - Kara-Tur Inspired Homebrew Campaign

"Have you heard of them? The Shrines of our ancient land? As old as the earth, and some spirits even swear to their existence. Even fewer claim to be borne of them, if you can believe the tricksters. Our land was made by them, so the stories go; the earth was shaped by them, each bearing one aspect of life in its infinite well. When the world was born, the Shrines rang their bells, opened their doors, and out flooded the earth. With mighty crashes, their powers shaped the mountains. With boiling waves, the Shrines birthed the seas. With roaring winds, the sky was twisted into life. And the scattering of seeds, bearing all who live in Hozai. Every tree, every creature, all made of the Shrines. Of course...this is only legend. Powerful men and women in this land spill blood over their claims to the Shrines, waging war on one another for a shred of land, hoping to find a Shrine within. If you ask me, however, these are nothing more than excuses to claim what they desire to be theirs. To restore their honor, to hold their clans, to further their goals. Let them have their wars, I say. What the world needs is someone with true ambition. Someone willing to make their mark. What do you think, child? If leaving home means fortune, honor, glory... Will you walk out the door?" Greetings and salutations, I am Riko, and I'm looking for adventurers! This game is a homebrew setting from the ground up, inspired by the 3E expansion known as Oriental Adventures. Branching from the Abeir-Toril location of Kara-Tur, this game includes a plethora of Japanese and Chinese inspired theology, landscapes, architecture, and playstyles! There are a few basics you can expect with this game, and all relevant content can be found below: Details: Official Listing: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/186306/the-hozai-shrines" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/186306/the-hozai-shrines</a> This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $12 per session paid through Paypal prior to session start, with a frequency of one session per week. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Session 0, and any subsequent character creation, tutoring, and development are absolutely free. Session 0 will be held when a minimum of 4 players have been gathered. Sessions will be weekly, available days are Mondays or Thursdays, which is to be voted by the collective party. LGBTQA+ accepting space. Players must be capable of using voice features through Discord, no video required. Games will be streamed for posterity and entertainment! This game has 6 open slots, and requires at least 4 to begin. The DM's play time is PST, but actual play time will be determined by the table as a whole, and can range from morning to evening depending on availability. Current available play days are: Monday or Thursday. What to expect: A full campaign built from the ground up, with themes of shoguns, ninjas, warring clans, yokai, and claiming land and power! Fully voiced NPCs and monsters, provided by an aspiring voice actor. Music designed to enhance mood and setting, no dull quiet moments. Custom made maps for out-of-railroad exploration and immersive roleplaying. Fully detailed Discord group with constant access to fellow players and DM. One-on-one and group workshops to develop deeper characters, richer stories, and work on roleplaying elements. Tactical combats and narrative building struggles! Dynamic Lighting, detailed tokens, and memorable characters! Extra Details: DM with 13 years of DM'ing experience. One completed 2-year campaign under my belt, with countless smaller stories. This campaign will be fully explored and run in a way which will involve player input, incorporate backstories, and develop interactions which will provide lasting effects on the world as a whole. In the 3 pillars of gameplay, my specialty is roleplay first, exploration second, combat third. Each pillar can be expanded upon to player interests. I run an open communication space as a DM. I request my players speak to me directly about any and all concerns, and toxic play is handled appropriately and professionally. Your characters will be a primary focus in this game, so if you are seeking deep character development, and consequences of your actions affecting the world as a whole, this is most certainly the type of game for you. - If you are interested, please send me a private message, or post here, so I can assist you! If you also wish, you may contact me through Discord: Riko_Miyoko#0447 . -If you wish to see what style of game I run, you may also watch my streams of current games at twitch.tv/riko_miyoko
Slots are still open, and start date is still up to discussion! If you want to work out an agreeable start time, please let me know, and the first session is still free!
We currently have two adventurers who are waiting for more! We only need two more to get things underway!
Our table has three adventurers! Just one more before we can begin major planning, and we got 3 seats total still open!