Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Damage Dice Not Rolling on NPC sheet

Hello all! I have recently bought the Curse of Strahd through roll20 and was experimenting with how to roll attacks and damage die. When I click to make an attack underneath the action of an NPC, I can get it to roll the hit die, but do not know how to get it to roll the damage die. I understand that I can have it automatically roll damage die as that is on by default, but is there any way I can get it to roll a to hit dice, and after figuring out if it hit a PC, proceed to roll the damage die? I feel like this is super easy but haven't found out if I can do it through the character sheet. Thank you!

Edited 1575912188
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Assuming you are using the D&D 5e by Roll20 sheet, yes, this is possible. Once you have rolled the to-hit roll, the roll template in the chat sidebar will show you the results. Click on the word "Attack" that appears as a link next to the hit results, and the second half of the attack (the damage) will be rolled. Before: After:
Awesome, thank you so much for the quick reply! Much easier than I thought.