Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LF1P][D&D5e] [Saturday][6pm][EST] [Weekly]. Cooperative, mature, players (5) seeking (1) player for long-term campaigning.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} Game Time: Saturday 6pm. Eastern Standard Time Discord for voice communication- (Please have decent connection and equipment)   Hello- We are a group of 5 players, ranging from our early to mid-twenties to over 35, of mostly experienced players (I’ll let you guess where I fit in there) and we have decided to open it up to include another player. As a group, we have played together through the first two adventures (Sunless Citadel & Forge of Fury) from the Tales from the Yawning Portal campaign and are set to start the next adventure, the Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan. We get along rather well and promote a cooperative & mature (mostly 😊 ), but fun-loving approach. The number one rule: Don’t be a D*ck…Respect each other. About me (the DM) : I am an old-school player/DM with a preference for character, story-driven campaigns and tactical combat. I have about 15 years’ experience playing, and about 12 years’ experience   Dming, D&D 1 st and 2 nd ed. and several other TTRPGs. There was a gap of a few years where I did not play at all, but a few years ago I started back up on Roll20 and started playing D&D5e. I tried a few D&D5e games on Roll20, but just could find the right mix, so I started my own game and built a group. I prefer to run games that include a good mix of role play & combat, strategy and tactics, clever villains and mindless hordes. I will play the adversary according to their ability and agenda. We often follow the cool and prioritize the Rules as Intended (ROI) over the Rules as Written (RAW). That said, as a DM I will respect the rules and use them as a framework to provide structure, dependability/consistency, and continuity/uniformity. The Game : While this will be fun, it will NOT be Easy. These adventures are based on old-school modules that some people feel may reflect that more difficult style of earlier play. In addition, I will challenge the players. In this group you will need, and develop, Player skill as well as Character skill. This is our game. I respect player backgrounds and work to incorporate them into the storyline in an emerging fashion. Even though we are playing published material, I will add my personal touch and with your interactions, we will make it our own. Player-character actions will effect changes in the story/world. While I do not punish players, there are consequences for your actions and making bad mistakes may likely result in character death. Failure is an option, be ok with death…but if at first you do not succeed, try, try, again! (Just not in the same way please! Lol)   Still here? Excellent! Almost done. Looking for Players with the following Qualities : Player skill more so than Character skill, with a strong preference for cooperative play. A desire for role-playing (Voices not a must, but a bonus-even for trying), tactical combat, strategizing, creative spontaneity. Prefer Rules as Intended to Rules as Written- shades of grey vs black and white interpretation Easy-going, Humility, Conscientiousness, Openness, Agreeableness, and Flexible Thinking helps A Good Sense of humor (This is a must) Experience (some) with D&D (any version) and Roll20 preferred. Bonus Points: If you can, or want to, Dm at some point; You can do, or try to do, voices; you like to play more front line types of characters; you think I’m super funny-free inspiration upon 1 st *gigglesnort*   What I expect from party members : To be respectful of each other, have a cooperative play style, to know your character, to contribute to the group experience. Show up on time, when scheduled (That’s just basic adulting folks). Be prepared. I will be prepared, you had better be as well. What I expect from a DM : Rock your socks off, or in the least…Someone knowledgeable & engaging, who works to maintain a good game balance, with the ability to adjust in-flow and highlight each player. The DM has the right to alter what they see fit, but with do so with the immense responsibility of honoring the sacred trust of the players while maintaining balance, and do so mindfully with great care. So, if you have read through this and you are still here: Drop an application below or send me a message. Tell us something about yourself and how and why you think you would be a good fit. You may receive follow up questions and be invited for a pre-game get-to-know ya chat with myself and maybe other players to see if we vibe. From there, you will be invited to play with the group for a couple of sessions, to see how we both like it, and if all is well asked to join as a ranking member (ok, so there is no rank, but it sounds cool). Hope to hear from you soon! Happy Gaming! *Important Note* This is about fit with unique individuals in a group setting. It is not reflective of you as a person, but your fit with that context.
My Info: Name: Arcaviouse Age: 26 D&amp;D experience: Pretty new to DnD. Have a group I currently played with, but have only done 3 games so far Preferred Playstyle: I am a huge RP person. I do love combat, and trying to find the unorthodox ways of winning, or avoiding events. Availability: I am EST, and I am usually free all day thursdays and fridays, and saturday and sundays after 3pm Character Info Tabaxi Rogue <a href="https://gyazo.com/7149ea08e7b7f436c15954fd580139bb" rel="nofollow">https://gyazo.com/7149ea08e7b7f436c15954fd580139bb</a> Shadowdancer Chaotic Neutral Shadowdancer is a fairly young Tabaxi for his skill in his profession.&nbsp; being only 21, he was raised from basically birth to be the perfect assassin. Growing up in a city of corrupt nobles, his guild taught him that wealth should be given to those in need. "There is no shame in wanting wealth, but remember this always. If someone infront of you cannot eat, but you can eat lavishly, there is a problem with the situation." So he lives by those words, killing those who make the lives of many suffer for the lifestyle of the few. After killing the noble who ruled over his small home, he left home. Seeking to change the world for the better, in his eyes anyways. On his journey, he delved into a dungeon that was filled with treasure. As the treasure was slowly falling into a trap, on the floor, a small dying pure white bat. He saved the bat as the treasure fell, raising it to help him in his adventures. Through his travel, the young bat became an anomally of sorts. Taking on the sleeping patterns of Shadowdancer, he is no longer nocturnal, and can be awake and outside with his friend. Now,&nbsp; they travel to one day unseat the greatest, greediest nobles from their seats to free the world o-f poverty, and hardships.
DM*d u :D
If you sent a DM, I should have answered it. If I missed you, let me know and I will get right back to you.
Age: 34 (female if it matters) D&amp;D experience: I've been playing for almost 3 years exclusively on Roll20 Play style: Highly cooperative, RP fan, using intellect over brute force Character: tell me what the party needs! =)
Hello there!&nbsp; I'm 25, been playing 5e for years and looking for more games to play in. I love to play cooperatively and would enjoy a hard-core, punishing game, if you'd have me. I'm flexible as far as character creation etc. goes. Can't wait to hear from you. P.S. I'm guessing you're not the oldest but maybe the second oldest.
Hello, It appears that you and I are like-minded souls. I’m roughly the same age and have a similar gaming experience. Starting from 2nd edition, I’ve played mostly D&amp;D—along with Vampire the Masquerade, Shadowrun, and other TTRPGs. My total gaming experience covers over 15 years (2 years on Roll20), with a break for a few years. In terms of mastering tactical combat, I’ve cut my teeth on the boardgame-like D&amp;D 4th edition, which I use the knowledge for the current edition. Some of my tactics involve casting healing word right before a downed character’s turn, dragging a creature off a cliff while on a potion of climbing, and moving out of a corner to attack at range and move back to get out of LOS. In terms of class choices, I enjoy playing in the front line and forcing the creature to attack my character by using a barbarian’s path of the Ancestral Guardian feature or a fighter’s Battlemaster goading feature. My playstyle is flexible and playing a class that balances the group. I believe in ROI (to a point that is not overpowered). Roleplaying is also another important factor for me, but I’m always willing to place it in the backseat for the sake of the game. I tend to interject memorable moments such as dining with a vampire or flirting up the barmaid for a free meal. For the rest of what you’re looking for in player’s qualities, I fit the bill. As a dungeon master, half of my gaming experience has been spent DMing, which I enjoy doing; However, this point of my life the best I can do is run a group for a couple of months (maybe a module). For my recent excursion in running a 5e D&amp;D campaign, I’ve just finished Curse of Strahd that was heavily edited to include only the major plot points since we only played 13 times within a year. I’m willing to run the same game for your group. My flaws for your group are the lack of unique voices and having never DMed on Roll20. But, I’m eager to try it out since combat is much simpler on Roll20 than in a face-to-face environment. Best wishes for your gaming future, Tim
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} We have filled the open spot. We appreciate your time and interest. If you are open to it, we may reach out in the future should we need another player. ~Sherlock