Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Why Does this Site Suck So Bad?

I try to search for players and get 0 results. I search for my own name even, 0 results. I look at my tracked topics and none show up even though, only shows a never ending next click and blank page. I clearly have one that says marked as watched. Do I have to pay to have these basic features?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
No. Not sure what you might be doing wrong, but "Why does this site suck so bad?" is unlikely to generate good-will answers. It might help if you described how and where you were searching, along with search terms used. It could be that you were trying to use a part of the site for an unintended purpose. The player directory does not search for user names, for instance. That's not its purpose.

Edited 1575938565
Where can I see watched topics? I have topics tagged as watched, but when I go to view topics, all I see are topics started by me which is now only this one. If i look at my topics I just get a bunch of next blank pages as I really only have this one started now. I assumed player directory was search for a type of character or name not game type which is synonymous with the regular search. That was my bad. Assumed it was something else. Like "cleric" or "{username}". In search for games, I have a search saved and about 1/2 the time it says no topics. If I wait 5 minutes or so and try again, it shows a bunch. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/search/?days=sunday,saturday&amp;dayhours=1575187200,1575705600&amp;frequency=onceweekly&amp;timeofday=&amp;timeofday_seconds=&amp;language=English&amp;avpref=Any&amp;gametype=rpg&amp;newplayer=true&amp;yesmaturecontent=true&amp;nopaytoplay=true&amp;playingstructured=dnd_next&amp;sortby=relevance&amp;for_event=&amp;roll20con=" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/search/?days=sunday,saturday&amp;dayhours=1575187200,1575705600&amp;frequency=onceweekly&amp;timeofday=&amp;timeofday_seconds=&amp;language=English&amp;avpref=Any&amp;gametype=rpg&amp;newplayer=true&amp;yesmaturecontent=true&amp;nopaytoplay=true&amp;playingstructured=dnd_next&amp;sortby=relevance&amp;for_event=&amp;roll20con=</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I believed Watched Topics only covers forum posts, and not game posts. I don't spend a lot of time in that area. I'm sure I can find someone who does to give a better answer, though. That really is a bug, if so. As for the saved search, I tried it several times with many, many results. It could be a time out issue? I'll try it several times over the next few days and see if I ever come up dry.
Wow thanks for the attention. I really appreciate it. This site doesn't suck so bad after all! ;)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
People more knowledgeable than I have let me know that yes, it is the LFG posts that arenot functional (not forum or game posts). Although they have a button to watch this topic, they are not actually functional. This has been reported and is a long-standing bug. :(