Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Twilight 2000 - Post Apocalypse Modern Combat RPG

Edited 1575951015
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've had quite a few people message me that they are interested in this.  I'm tempted to run it again.  If you are interested, the setting is Europe at the close of World War III.  Governments are falling.  Armies are dissolving.  Marauders and Warlords are rising.  What will you do?  You are attached to the US 5th Division in Poland before the division is overrun.   If there's interest in this, respond here.  In your post let me know the days/times of the week you are available.  
I would love to play, it has been ages since I last played. I am completely free Tuesday through Thursday after 6pm Central until midnight or 1am. Every other Saturday I am open all day (this Saturday being the open Saturday 12/14), Same with every other Sunday (this Sunday is open 12/15). Mondays and Fridays are hit and miss right now due to work.
Hi Victor- I was one of the interested parties before. Just saw the discord message you posted. I'd still love to play and I'm open weeknights after 6 Central and wide open Fri-Sat if that remains your preference. I'd be a reliable participant.
Hello, a couple of buddies and I would be interested in playing this at around 4 pm GMT on weekends. It would be 3 of us guaranteed with a 4th we haven't talked to yet about joining this session though us 3 would be reliable though likely unavailable during holidays such as Easter or Christmas.

Edited 1576117391
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Looks like we have some interest.  Before we go farther, is everyone aware of Twilight 2000?  This isn't an easy to learn system. It was made by Game Designers Workshop at their height.  If you've played GDW games, they fetishize complexity.  This as much a simulation as an rpg.  That being said, I've created an API to help with the rolls and keep combat moving forward with pace.   This game is a gun lovers dream or for anyone who enjoys modern military.  There's also someone who has converted almost every modern gun, vehicle and large caliber weapon for every nationality into T2.  So choices are enormous.   And yes, I'd like people to understand what they are getting into rather than joining and finding out it's more than they wanted.  This is for Small Arms.  It tracks range, firing mode (full auto, semi-auto, single shot, bolt action, etc.), damage, penetration, recoil, plus you might have a scope, computer sights, ballistics and a team member helping.  A gun lovers dream. 
That seems extremely in-depth and realistic and something my friends and I would be interested in getting in to however none of us have tried this system before, would you be willing to teach? We also wanted to know how long the campaign would last.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This is Twilight 2k
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This is the 2nd edition. D20 based.  Fixed and clarified a lot from 1e.  
Very aware of Twilight 2000, loved playing it back in the day and I'm assuming you're talking about Paul Mulcahy's project? That work is awesome.

Edited 1576182896
David
Sheet Author
Twilight 2000 2.2 is a lot less complicated than D&D 3.5. Love to play but the start time is probably too late.

Edited 1576184432
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Well, the 4 PM GMT would end up being Sunday at 9 am Mountain Time.  I couldn't do a Saturday.  Sunday's at 9 am are doable for me.  Let's start with this as a possible time slot and see if it can work.  LOL, I'm not so sure on the complexity.  I know 3.5 can get complicated, but I highly doubt it has this 
4pm GMT would be 10am my time on Sunday. Looking to do this every week? If so how long of sessions? Usually every other Sunday I have stuff going on but it's usually around 1pm my time. Might be able to move that to a little bit later though if you're looking at doing a 4 hour game, etc. every week.
I could make the the prospective time slot as well. 
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I could start an hour earlier even if that's possible 
yeah an hour earlier would definitely make it easier for me.
Should we get a discord or some such going?
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'll get it going today.  Please PM me your discord user ids
David
Sheet Author
Victor B. said: Well, the 4 PM GMT would end up being Sunday at 9 am Mountain Time.  I couldn't do a Saturday.  Sunday's at 9 am are doable for me.  Let's start with this as a possible time slot and see if it can work.  LOL, I'm not so sure on the complexity.  I know 3.5 can get complicated, but I highly doubt it has this  How often do have to do that?.   Compare that to all  feats and spells that fiddle with rules.
David
Sheet Author
Victor B.  said: Well, the 4 PM GMT would end up being Sunday at 9 am Mountain Time.  I couldn't do a Saturday.  Sunday's at 9 am are doable for me.  Let's start with this as a possible time slot and see if it can work.  I could do a GMT friendly every other Sunday depending on what Sunday you intend to start on.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
We will be playing weekly.  Any chance you get free up?  
David
Sheet Author
Victor B. said: We will be playing weekly.  Any chance you get free up?   I have another game that runs every other Sunday.  It is very erratic but I cannot guarantee every Sunday..   
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
We start at 8 am Sundays Mountain Time.  When does your Sunday game start? 
David
Sheet Author
10:00 am MST
I'd be in to playing some TW2000 again. I've got lots of source books and have played versions 1 through 2.2.  I can make the start time (8am PST my time). Sign me up (PM sent with discord handle)