Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sound effects on approaching an object

I was wondering if there was a way to get a certain sound effect to trigger when a PC approaches a certain object? I wanted the sound of a large crystal to start humming when the party came near an area.
You could do this with "It's a trap". Set the trap as a clue that whispers "the crystal vibrates", as it also triggers the sound. This is a very useful script, but it sometimes has a hair trigger, so be cautious when setting it up.
ty that helped, not just need to figure out why when a sound such as music starts on 1 page it does not stop if moving to another you have to manually do it. I think before it would stop playing as long as it was not looped.Now all sounds play no matter what so once the page loads if a sound is connected with the page to play it will keep playing no matter what page you are on.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Just saw this in another thread (I don't use music as much anymore, for clarity of speech reasons). When you navigate to a new page, the default is to keep playing the last page-triggered track. In this way, you could start the players on a landing page and keep a soundtrack going as you move from page to page. To get it to stop on switching pages, you need to set other pages to "None, but stop all tracks":
only major problem with it's a trap is the sound token you use pops up on one of the layers that the party can see which kind of looks funny,but I guess I can put it off somewhere a bit and block it with dynamic lighting so it will not show it to them.
use clear tokens.
I just made it destroy itself after the sound trigger and it works,ty. Anyone know if it is ok to post someplace asking for help building a game? I love doing it but I have so much work to do on my world and not the strongest at API stuff which would help.