Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Looking for Group

I can't seem to get the system field working on Looking for Group. I can fill everything out, but it doesn't actually seem to be able to search based upon system. It returns games with the correct day of the week, welcoming new players, repetition, etc, but also returns games for systems I wasn't looking for.
1398211960
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Sometimes those games that show up have multiple genres listed and they will show up no matter what. If it is tagged for AD&D, 3.5, 43, Shadowrun, oldschool and you search for 3.5 then that game will show up. If you then search for oldschool, that game will show up again because it is tagged oldschool also. Does that help any or am I off on something?
1398212672
Gauss
Forum Champion
If you could be more specific about your LFG settings that would be helpful. A screenshot would also be helpful.
1398218915

Edited 1398219002
Right, sorry. I'm using Firefox on Linux Mint. EDIT So, some of the systems I'm looking for have show up, but it seems random. There are five pages of results.
1398231614

Edited 1398232076
Gauss
Forum Champion
The problem is the "welcome new players" box and/or the "to be played" boxes when combined with two or more games in the "Playing Any of these Games" field. They are breaking the search. I will file a bug report with the Devs but in the meantime I suggest unchecking those boxes or listing only one game at a time.
Ok, since there's already a thread about this, I don't need to make a new one. I experienced a similar thing right now, but I have NOT clicked any of those boxes, I simply searched for 3 gamesystems. VtM, nWoD and WoD. And some of the results where DnD 3.5 or PF games. Here's screenshots: As you see, nothing checked, URL updated to my gamesystems. But those three there are definitely not WoD games and don't claim to be, but show up anyway
The verdict has Vampire in text. Parrallel has Darkness in text, as does New Ghostbusters. Ponder, does the search function search "Playing" only or also in line text of the descrip boxes?
Well, when I'm searching for game systems, I want it to look for those game systems, not random entries that might mention part of that game system anywhere in their text. It should search only the "playing" entry when searching for "playing any of these games". There's another field to make full text searches, but that's not always what I want.