Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Select and delete multiple objects at once in the journal

Score + 52

Edited 1576569568
I recently tried to delete a lot of items from my journal at the same time but going through each item is a bit tedious. So my suggestion is a feature that allows the user to select move and delete several items at once by clicking a button and then selecting all the items which should be deleted and then confirming it all at once.  Alternatively, a way to clear archived items by the click of a button or maybe being able to delete a folder and all its contents at once.  Thanks for reading :)

Edited 1577000257
Yes, yes, yes! I even made the mistake of deleting a folder (assuming it would delete everything within).  Instead it deleted the folder and dumped the contents, unorganised in the main level.  Grrrr!   A rudimentary feature for organising.  Please add.
+1, also being able to drag multiple characters from the journal to the map at once please.
I second that, emphatically! Thank you :)
It would be especially helpful for large modules that come preloaded with a ton of sheets, tokens, etc. I don't need half of them and my (uneducated) assumption is that if Rise of the Runelords was half the size, it wouldn't take 10 minutes to load everything and become stable and connect to my players, and that real time token movement and character sheet pulls wouldn't consistently lag. It's not my internet, I'm plugged into ethernet and have 200 mbps download and 20 upload consistently. And I don't have this issue with small or homebrewed modules. Either way, being able to get rid of large amounts of pregenerated info would be very very useful. 
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
While not completely delivering the functionality requested in this issue, a release today did add an  option to delete a Journal Folder and all contents , which creates a workaround to achieve something like what's being asked for here.
That link doesn't work. How do I get up the fancy folder view with checkboxes?
i.e. How do I do multiple select?
You would need to create a folder or use one you don't need. move all the things you want to delete then right click on the folder and a dropdown should show up to delete the folder and content

Edited 1693031303
How is this not a thing in 2023? Sometimes it feels like Roll20 is a high-school hobbyist shareware project, instead of something I'm paying $10 a month for...  :(
Hojou said: How is this not a thing in 2023? Sometimes it feels like Roll20 is a high-school hobbyist shareware project, instead of something I'm paying $10 a month for...  :( 100% agree, this is basic organization functionality here, nothing groundbreaking.