Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[RELEASE] Homebrewer Helper: Blacknest Castle

Edited 1576892457
The GM
Marketplace Creator
Homebrewer Helper: Blacknest Castle now on Roll20 marketplace! <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/gameaddon/4326/homebrewer-helper-blacknest-castle" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/gameaddon/4326/homebrewer-helper-blacknest-castle</a> This thing is way bigger than it looks. And we're going to gift a copy to the first person to answer this riddle! Rules: Must answer as a response to this post. Must answer with the exact right answer. First person who guesses, wins! Winner will be gifted on the 1st of Jan 2020. If no one correctly guesses by Jan 1st 2020, the closest winner will get the prize Ready? What perches high but started low, With many exits that eventually go. In many colors and various shades, It often surrounds itself with blades.
A nest? Perches high (tree limb), but pieces start on the ground (low) Many exits (can go in any different direction) Many colors and various shades (debris, plants, etc) Surrounds itself with blades (of grass)
A pie.
Or cake
Or a pie cake.
A flower?
The GM
Marketplace Creator
The correct answer... " a pie cake!"&nbsp; only kidding. Good try ;)

Edited 1577074569
A caterpillar? Or a butterfly or a caterpillar butterfly (kidding)
Gold
Forum Champion
An airport? I want to go look at the product but now you got me riddled. An airport would fit.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I doubt it is correct, but I think it might be a castle. What perches high but started low, (castles are built upward on defensible positions but start with quarried stone) With many exits that eventually go. (castles can have a main gate, postern gate, etc., but these can be closed up) In many colors and various shades, (castles can be made of many different materials and be decorated in colorful heraldry) It often surrounds itself with blades. (castles can be protected by [or attacked by] an army)
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Another distant possibility would be the sun. What perches high but started low, (The sun perches high at noon but starts low at dawn.) With many exits that eventually go. (It sets each day.) In many colors and various shades, (Sunsets can be all sorts of colors.) It often surrounds itself with blades. (This is where I cannot find a connection.) Good riddle.
I think you may have it, Brian. Think of long, triangular sunrays emanating outward from the sun and they could be considered blade-like.
Another guess: an ant What perches high but started low, (Ants start low in their mounds, but often climb trees to feed on honeydew) With many exits that eventually go. (There's many tunnels and exits in an ant mound. They eventually go due to rain, etc.) In many colors and various shades, (There's many different colors of ants) It often surrounds itself with blades. (Most ant mounds are in blades of grass)
Hmm... maybe an anthill more than an ant.
The GM
Marketplace Creator
Thanks to all who participated! No one guessed the correct answer but all the guesses were great. The correct answer was “Tree” it perches high and started low With many exits (what do you do at an exit? You leave!) Leaves that eventually go In many colors and various shades (Trees also give shade) It often surrounds itself with blades (grass)&nbsp; It was impossible to pick just one winner though. Many had the right idea but the closes were Davidenko and Rabulias!
Thanks! A nice tough riddle, and a great promotional idea!
The GM
Marketplace Creator
Rabulias said: Thanks! A nice tough riddle, and a great promotional idea! Hey thank you. I spend a little bit of time on these packs and it's a labor of love. The last thing I want is for them to see no use- whether I make any money or not. I'm glad to give them away so people can enjoy them as much as I have. If you have any feedback, check into our discord (in the journal entry of the pack) and let me know what you think! Happy New Year