Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[DM] Pay to Play Question: Preferred Payment Method [Players]?

Now that I have been playing for a while, and am more confident in the quality of the experiences I can give, I'd like to take the next step and do paid DMing. My plan is to just simply accept/use tipping for now; what I'd like to know however, from all the players out there, is what is the most convenient method of payment you? I know I'll need to be able to use most online payment methods for the hardliners that insist on using one thing or another, but for my listings, what should I be asking for? 
1577050286

Edited 1577050340
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
You should probably not be asking this in the Pro forum, which will only reach a small section of people.  I expect most of us that have a pro subscription (allowing us to see this section of forums) are probably more on the running games side of things.
1577050369
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I dont see why this should be asked in the Pro forum. If you aren't a Pro subscriber, you cant even see that forum, so it reduces the number of people who can reply by quite a lot.
1577050777
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Yeah, I didn't mean it couldn't be asked here, but judging from this statement: what I'd like to know however, from all the players out there There will probably be a better chance of getting player response in a forum that more players can see.
1577052189
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
oh, haha, i didnt realise this was actually in the Pro forum. Yes, you're right - it would be better posted in the general use forum.
Hey everyone - I went ahead and moved this to the Specific Use Question Forum for better visibility! :)
I don't have experience with paid DMing, but I did take a look at all the pay to play games on the first page of the LFG forum. All of them accepted PayPal. One accepted Patreon additionally. None of them listed any other method of payment. I know when people pay me for other things, Venmo and Zelle (i.e. Chase Quick Pay) are the most requested forms of payment.