Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Do gifted subscriptions activate automatically if you're already subscribed to Pro?

Hi; I'm thinking of gifting someone a couple months of Pro subscription but they're currently taking a break from running games, so a good chunk of it would go to waste if it were to activate automatically. So my question is: does a gift's recipient need to activate the gifted subscription manually, even if they already have an active subscription? I'm not sure if he does, but I figured there's a chance it might have an impact.
Hi TheJadrimian, Typically when you gift a subscription to someone it should start immediately. If they have a subscription already, the credit will be added to their account until it comes time for the subscription to renew. If the subscription is canceled before that time, the credit will simply stay there until which time someone decides to restart the subscription. When starting a subscription with existing credit, the credit will always be used first before any charge might go through. I hope this helps!
That answers my question; thanks very much.
1577141007
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I believe if they have already cancelled their subscription for their hiatus, the gift will be added as credit on their account and wont automatically restart their subscription. Is that correct, Drespar?