Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

German sheets ?

Hello , i did hear about this site from my brother who does play this game with some friends .. i have a  bunch of friends who would like to play D&D as well ... but sadly they arent really good at talking , reading or writing english ... so that is a huge problem :D so i was wondering if there is a way to play those sheets etc in german language  ? do i have to translate them myself or are there any who already got translated by some people that we could use :( ? i hope someone can help me out :D
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Many sheets have non-english translations already, particularly the very active and popular ones.  Which sheet are you interested in using?  The DnD 5e OGL sheet has: af, cs, da, de, el, en, es, fr, he, it, ja, ko, nl, pt, ru, sv, tr, zh, zu
Anything that is fun most likely hehe , I'm sure my brother can tell me a few he liked, are there any *addons* we should get to make the game more fun? He told me about some stuff to get so the game is more fun, gonna ask him tomorrow again what that was
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
That's going to depend heavily on what you're playing. =D
Ok. My brother played only one sheet so far :p so me and my friends are totally new to this, so something beginner friendly would be nice :) so it you can recommend something that would be nice :D of course with the addons that would be useful and are those in German as well or just the basic sheet?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Marvin H. said: Ok. My brother played only one sheet so far :p What game did your brother play? Marvin H. said: so me and my friends are totally new to this, so something beginner friendly would be nice :) so it you can recommend something that would be nice :D I know that "Das Schwarze Auge" is a German RPG that have several character sheets on Roll20, so I think you could find rules for it in German if you search the internet. Don't know if it have any free versions available, but at the very least it should be possible to buy rules for it somewhere. Otherwise Dungeons & Dragons 5E is a popular RPG that have a free ruleset available in English, and I think German rulebooks are available to be bought. It seems Ulisses Spiele is responsible for both "Das Schwarze Auge" and translation of any other RPGs as well, so I suggest you look them up. It's probably also a good idea to try find some German-speaking RPG communites/forums and ask for their recommendations of games that have rules available in German, and for tips and tricks for using Roll20. Marvin H. said: of course with the addons that would be useful and are those in German as well or just the basic sheet? Apart from the Roll20 website and some character sheets being translated into German, I don't think there exists any addons or adventures on Roll20 that is specifically translated to German. Maps, tokens or art on Roll20 marketplace of course isn't language-specific, and if you try Plus or Pro subscription, things like Dynamic Lightning are cool things to have on Roll20, but I suggest you first look up tips on German-centric gaming elsewhere on the internet before you decide what you do on Roll20. It's possible there exist German Roll20 groups that could also help, so try search for them on the internet. I managed to find a Roll20 introduction in German from 2014 on youtube that could help you a bit, but as it's fairly old, some things have likely changed, but the basic stuff should still be the same.
The language of the charactersheet is tied to the language setting of the roll20 website. Go to your profile page and set preferred language to german. Tell your friends to do the same. Not all sheets support german, but those which do should be in german now.