Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

no maps visible from linux browsers (chromium/firefox) (Sept-Dec 2019)

Ran a weekly campaign for several months until this past September.&nbsp; Starting around early September, none of the usual browsers (from any flavor of linux) could pull up maps in any game. The main window area within&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/editor/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/editor/</a> &nbsp;shows the "linen" textured background and flashes slightly when one zooms way out, but it just goes back to the "linen" texture background.&nbsp; Similar behavior when changing between maps from the top menu -- I see the black roll20 background come up briefly (1-2 seconds) and then a return to the same textured/blank background.&nbsp; &nbsp;The maps are a mix of jpg and png files (most png). Anyone else encounter map rendering issues under linux?&nbsp; Any workarounds or fixes to suggest?&nbsp; Thanks!
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
No problems for me on either Chrome or Firefox running on Debian Stable, so I am no help on work arounds.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Starting around early September, none of the usual browsers (from any flavor of linux) could pull up maps in any game. This is too little toI suggest give us more details on what troubleshooting steps you've performed, and provide more precise info on you setup, so we can help you better. As a linux user you've likely done most of the steps, but if we have no info, we can't really help you other that provide you with the report template and wait for more info. Bug Report/Troubleshooting Template : Detailed description of the problem Minimum number of steps to reproduce the problem Description of setup Browser + Version Browser Addons/Extensions Operating System Bug Triage Results Please carefully work through to the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeed in resolving the problem, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Supplemental Information Including screenshots by using the "Attach a File" link when submitting a post can provide a great deal of information! The more information you can provide, the better able a fix will be reached. On a related note, latest versions of Firefox and Chrome works fine for me on Linux Mint 19.
Thank you andreas and kraynic. i'll take a look at the steps for properly posting the issue. Had figured since i was experiencing this on multiple Arch machines with chromium+firefox, others may have an obvious/ez fix. If im the only one, then perhaps its more my problem &amp; not worth chasing down (ROI question).&nbsp; Adding to my list tho.