Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Basic Fantasy or BECMI

I'm trying to gauge interest in a Basic Fantasy or BECMI game. I've run a number of games over the years, mainly through various editions of AD&D and Pathfinder, but would like to step back to something a little more 'Basic' and focus on story and character development via a chat-based game here on Roll20 and likely continued somewhat between sessions via Discord or something similar. So...anyone?
I have ALWAYS wanted to run a converted original campaign from an older box! I'm 27 and not very experienced, but Against the Giants to The Demonweb Pits has always fascinated me to no end, but anything from what I've recently googled about BECMI sounds great! My only experience with 2e AD&D has been with Baldur's Gate, and the rules are generally not explained in detail, nor is necessary information on dice rolls given so I would prefer Pathfinder, but am willing to learn and adapt. Chat-based sounds great also, I get social anxiety and tend to freeze up when I'm required to speak and the DM gives me 5 seconds to think of something and start talking!
There are a lot of old school guys around here and new players curious to see what the old editions were like. I myself love those games and if the day/time is right it could be a blast.
1577945826
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
When I run games, it is with BFRPG and text chat also. If you are looking for more text chat players, take a look in my profile for a Roll20 text community link.