Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Looking for a Patient DM

1578001416

Edited 1578001620
Hello there! I'm a bit nervous about posting, but here goes nothing.  So, I have a group of players that consist of three(maybe four) players who are looking for a new DM willing to teach some newbies. One of our players is well versed in the ways of D&D and willing to help teach us noobs along with the DM. Though he just doesn't know how to actually run a campaign on his own. Then we have one complete and utter newbie who has never played anything even remotely D&D related, but is more than dedicated and willing to learn. Then there is myself, who has played one campaign in the past (the only one that would accept me) and instantly regretted joining due to the DM. He still uses this website, so I've made a completely new account just to avoid him. Anyway, lets just say that the way he treats his female players is disturbing at best, and at worst it's harassment. That aside he did teach me a bit about the game, though not a lot, and what he did teach me was for pathfinder edition. He was such a great teacher that I can say "I played pathfinder before" without knowing what in the world that even means. The players were great though, which is why I'm hoping to try D&D again.  We may have a fourth player as well, but he has stayed with the unsavory DM and is currently in two of his campaigns. He's nice, and can't stand the DM either, however he'd rather deal with the creepiness than not play D&D at all. He is a big maybe on joining our group. He's expressed interest in finding a new campaign and finding a DM, however I'm not sure he has time with the other two campaigns he's in.  Needless to say we're looking for any DM, even if you're new to DMing and just looking to practice. We are willing to learn any edition, and play any story. We will gladly be guinea pigs for any campaign lol.  We all have pretty consistent schedules and are willing to work with our DM for a time and day. We would prefer to use a Discord chat along with roll 20 when playing games.  I'm not really sure what more information I should add, given that I've never posted here before. However if you're maybe interested in making new friends and teaching a few noobs, or just have any questions feel free to message me.  Thank you for your consideration, :) Lady Duckling
Id recommend listing your days and hours of availability, as well as a timezone.  If you can get everyone on board with that, then I'd recommend actually forming a game with them and advertising for a DM in the join a game page. 
What timezone are you in and what times is the group available? I'm a fledgling DM looking to pick up a few people for either a pathfinder or 5e D&D campaign. I'm available most weekday evenings EST and I use roll20/discord for voice. If your group is interested in giving it a shot, let me know.
Faith said: What timezone are you in and what times is the group available? I'm a fledgling DM looking to pick up a few people for either a pathfinder or 5e D&D campaign. I'm available most weekday evenings EST and I use roll20/discord for voice. If your group is interested in giving it a shot, let me know. Hi! So Two of our players are EST time, and two are in the EU, so typically they're available on weekdays until like 6 pm est or so because they have to work.  EST. However all of us always have the entirety of weekends off. I can totally make up an entire chart of everyone's availability and send it to you in a day or two. It just didn't occur to me when I was writing up the post. lol 
Acrid said: Id recommend listing your days and hours of availability, as well as a timezone.  If you can get everyone on board with that, then I'd recommend actually forming a game with them and advertising for a DM in the join a game page.  Thank you so much for your tip. I've never gone looking for a DM before so I wasn't entirely sure how to go about it. :) I will definitely write up a chart of our times  and make a game  for it. 
Lady Duckling said: Faith said: What timezone are you in and what times is the group available? I'm a fledgling DM looking to pick up a few people for either a pathfinder or 5e D&D campaign. I'm available most weekday evenings EST and I use roll20/discord for voice. If your group is interested in giving it a shot, let me know. Hi! So Two of our players are EST time, and two are in the EU, so typically they're available on weekdays until like 6 pm est or so because they have to work.  EST. However all of us always have the entirety of weekends off. I can totally make up an entire chart of everyone's availability and send it to you in a day or two. It just didn't occur to me when I was writing up the post. lol  I'd be able to do anytime fridays or anytime before 8pm saturdays if either works for your group.
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/188773/the-open-march" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/188773/the-open-march</a>
1578014954

Edited 1578015060
any chance 2 other new players could join your group? me and my gf have decided to join the hobby we are in eu and available 4-7pm&nbsp; EST most days. we have discord and copies of all the rules.
1578015544

Edited 1578015621
I'm willing to take on your group. I'm available during most of the afternoon/evening everyday besides Wednesdays. I also have Adventures in Middle-Earth if you're interested in that.
Now that the holidays are over, I am looking to start a new game (Pathfinder) or perhaps 2 new games if I can gather enough players.&nbsp; I really enjoy teaching new people how to play.&nbsp; I have about 10 years of experience in table tops, only about 3 as a DM though which means I still have plenty to learn myself.&nbsp; My goal is to make sure everyone at the table has a fun experience while also working towards becoming a better DM.&nbsp; I can usually do any time on Tuesday or Sunday.&nbsp; Please message me privately if interested.&nbsp;
1578041920

Edited 1578041979
Hi, I may be the DM you're looking for.&nbsp; I have a lot of&nbsp; experience with D&amp;D and Pathfinder over the years, and over 3 years with 5th Edition.&nbsp; &nbsp;I do my own maps using CC3 ( <a href="https://www.pinterest.com/arillion1/arillions-cc3-maps/" rel="nofollow">https://www.pinterest.com/arillion1/arillions-cc3-maps/</a> ), do "voices" and like role play and character development. I'm very patient with new players, and at cons I go to I get a lot of people new to the game.&nbsp; &nbsp;I have several potential campaigns I could run, depending on your tastes and goals. Let me know if you're interested.&nbsp;&nbsp;
We would love you to join us for our West March dnd 5e campaign (Free to play). We have 5+ dms and 70+ players so far. There are multiple missions, with multiple time zones, every week involving combat, rescue, bounty hunting, puzzle, and player driven. Check us out and mention you were sent by Erik The Viking (Player Character Aelar Rake). I look forward to seeing you in the campaign. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/182722/west-march-war-on-the-giants-forgotten-realms" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/182722/west-march-war-on-the-giants-forgotten-realms</a>