Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

LFP Discord Server D&D group (80+ players and counting!) Continuous campaign with all players contributing the story.

1578176840

Edited 1578255979
Glor
Plus
Hello adventurer! My name is Gloreth the Stalwart. We are looking for new recruits to aid our struggle against the giants. If you don't know, thirteen years ago the giants won the war, most territory is controlled by the various giant clans now. We are the resistance. We fight and launch missions from our base of operations, Fort Victory, a cloud giant flying fortress we have conquered. The resistance grows more powerful by the day, magic users and melee fighters joining our war. We always need new bodies though. Once you join our ranks we will need to train you up. The good new is we have many seasoned adventurers that can help guide you through your first few missions. But make no mistake, these missions are arduous affairs filled with danger and peril. Not for the faint of heart. If you feel that you have what it takes we can use you. I look forward to our meeting at Fort Victory soldier! Recruiting Agent Gloreth the Stalwart, Fighter and Cleric of Torm. Message me for a Discord link. Post your Info and Character backstory in the Player Roster channel and message a DM for a character sheet! Tell them Glor sent you :)
Hello Glor, The General Guidelines clause of the Code of Conduct -- Looking for Group supplemental guidelines states: Refrain from publicly posting links to off-site communities (Discord, Facebook groups, etc.) on the LFG Forums and LFG Tools If you have games open to Roll20 users, we encourage you to post LFG listings for those specific games and invite people to your Discord privately.&nbsp; You may place the link on your game details page or on a post to your game details forum or in a private message to someone. You may not place the link on your LFG Listing or in a post to your LFG Listing Discussion forum or in a post to the community forums. If you would like to submit an appeal, you may contact the devs at <a href="mailto:Team@Roll20.net" rel="nofollow">Team@Roll20.net</a>
Ack, sorry about that. If anyone needs a link to our discord then please message me!
I have a few questions: 1. What system you using for this game Edition wise? 2. IF you allow 3pp or homebrew? Do you truly allow it or just say that to get people to join then scream murder, when they try to do such a thing saying copyright or such nonsense if stuff is proposed. AKA Bait and switch just to get bodies. (because lets be logical hombrew has no copyright it is made by players for players free for our use.) 3. Is typing, grammar and spelling needs to be perfect? i seen other west march/living world if not perfect they will kick you out without second thought.
We use 5e. I am not sure with the 3pp or homebrew, you can always join the discord server and talk with a DM to see what would be allowed. There are no strict requirements for spelling and grammar, during missions most everything is done through voice on discord other than moving your token and rolls and such. You are free to join the discord and have a talk with one of our DMs and then if you don't like anything or feel it is not for you no hard feelings.
Hey Glor!&nbsp; I live on a very small island and have very few opportunities to play D&amp;D here, especially now that my friends have moved off island for masters degrees and whatnot, so I'm looking to join a group online. I'm in the British Isles, will this work with your time zone?&nbsp; I have only been playing D&amp;D for about a year with few and far between games so I don't have a great deal of knowledge but I have enthusiasm! So if you could let me know whats needed, I would be happy to join your cause! Do I need a character and backstory created? Is there any particular parameters I should work within when creating? Thanks for your time Shara :)