Hey, I go by the name of ormy and I'm 23 years old and from the UK. I've been creating ideas for characters for at least 2 years, maybe longer and I have some background in scriptwriting and writing for TV and Film. I have attempted to join IRL or create IRL games in the past but my attempts at DMing have been abysmal due to my lack of knowledge. In university, I also attempted to join a group as a bard but we never got off session zero due to busy schedules.  I'm generally looking for a group that is forgiving enough if there are some things I don't know rules-wise. I'm hoping to make friends or at least friendly acquaintances who enjoy the roleplay, creative aspects, and story progression that D&D and other tabletop RPG's can provide. If you find yourself invested in character growth and character arcs then I might be an asset to your group as that is always on my mind when creating a character. This due to my belief that interesting characters are better than perfect or powerful characters. Anyway, I digress. What I can do/What I'm looking for. Availability: Late Afternoon/Evening, Thursday and Friday around 3PM - 9PM GMT. Saturday, anytime. Monday 8AM -12PM GMT. Willing to play with anyone in east european or east American timezones too. Communication: Text is preferable but willing to do voice chat with a group if it would add to the other players experiences. Game: D&D preferably as it is the only game I have some idea of the rules. Open to other systems similar to this as long as you're willing to teach me. Settings/Genres of interest: Typical Medieval Fantasy (Lots of Magic), Anything with a steampunk flavor or Industrial Era theme or even Fantasy Ancient History, eg. Roman/Greek or Dark Ages/Vikings. It doesn't even have to be European in theme, any cultural theme is of interest to me and I would be able to adapt to them. I particularly like videogames like Darksouls and Bloodborne. In fact, I really enjoy Lovecraftian influences, minus the racism of course. Settings/Genres to Avoid: Modern, Superheros, 50's Noir and Space (Unless you can make it more interesting than ripping off Halo, Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate, Destiny, Mass Effect or any other Space/Sci-Fi franchise.) Realism: Realistic wounds and medical practice could be nice. The possibility of scaring characters through a roll table could be interesting too. But the normal things like clerics, gods and magic healing aren't enough to break immersion so they should stay probably. DM: Descriptive and engaging. Preferably with a creative side where they enjoy worldbuilding. Roleplay: Roleplay and character focus rather than a focus on combat. Combat is a tool for story development rather than something you should need to grind like an MMO. What I'm able to do for the players/DM. - Archiving or chronicling the events of the story. - Help with world-building, etymology, linguistics, and cultural themes relating to geography and trade. - Brainstorming character ideas. Preparations I already have some character's written up that I could easily add to a character sheet. A human Paladin, a dwarf sorcerer, a tiefling warlock. If you wish to ask me anything or get to know me better before inviting me to a group feel free to send a pm.