Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Roll20 Map will not show!

My GM has turned on sight, we are all on the same page, and he is certain that it is something on my side. I have cleared all Add-ons and extensions, and my cache, and I still can't see it. I am on Google Chrome, although I tried on Mozilla Firefox too. I disabled my Antivirus Webroot. My Google Chrome version is 79.0.3945.88. I have Windows 7. Javascript is enabled. I have not had this problem before, I have seen the map perfectly fine. Thanks for your help.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
You mentioned the GM turned on sight so he is using dynamic lighting, correct? If so can he turn off the dynamic lighting briefly to see if you can see the map or is there sensitive info there (he could cover all but the one area your token is at with a fog of war is needed). Did he double check to see if you are separated from the party and need your ribbon dropped back onto the party ribbon? If you are separated then you might be on the wrong map page.
I've been having the same problem. My GM tried turning off dynamic lighting, but it didn't work, and I checked with him, and he had my character's token on the same map page as the others. I tried switching to from Chrome to Microsoft Edge, and that seemed to work... for a few seconds, after which my computer froze, so I had to turn it off and on again, and when I tried again on Edge the game wouldn't even load, so I just switched back to Chrome and just played without the visual aids.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I filched this from another bug thread. Run though the steps when you get a chance and post the results. Please carefully work through to the first three steps of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues : Step 1:  Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions. If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4. . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Hey all -  Just checking in, did you still need some further assistance with this issue? If so, would you mind reviewing and attempting the steps of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues , as Pat S. provided above, please? Thank you for your patience!
I do  My screen looks like the picture below . I cannot see the map but everybody else apparently can. I can for whatever reason affect the map with the cursor and paint brush and things but only blindly. Somebody PLEASE help me! 
Hi Joseph M. -  Gotcha - thanks for providing that screenshot! Don't worry, we'll work through it with you and see what we can do to get this resolved. First, to better isolate this problem, would you mind trying to reproduce this same issue on Firefox and let me know the results, please?
I have already tried all of the Solving Technical Problems List, as I have shown on my first comment. I still cannot see this map.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Deano said: I have already tried all of the Solving Technical Problems List, as I have shown on my first comment. I still cannot see this map. The list ends with Step 4 which involves posting a console log, among other things.
This started happening about 3 or 4 weeks ago, so, unfortunately, I cannot do this.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Capture the log from any time during which you are experiencing the issue. It doesn't have to be from the moment the issue happens. If it is what you see from the moment you log in, then send the log starting from the moment you log in.
Okay, I'll do that. Thanks!
This is my Console when I get on Roll20

Edited 1578959711
I don't have firefox installed and really I do not want it right now (sorry to be a PITA, I have enough on my plate as it is IRL). I do know however that it happens on IE as well. If it helps at all, the edges of the map become highlighted when I drag my mouse as if I were trying to highlight text or pictures so it is kinda sorta being displayed but it's invisible beyond that. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Deano said: This is my Console when I get on Roll20 A blank console? That's a bigger problem than map not displaying.
Okay I bit the proverbial bullet and downloaded Firefox to see if there is any difference in functionality. and it turnds out there is! The map indeed work on Firefox! Google Chrome apparently has issues with the site
How would I fix a blank console?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Deano said: How would I fix a blank console? What have you tried? The post you gave earlier doesn't give much to go on. There's no linked screen shot or text paste.
I will note my experiences as I had a similar problem.  Long story short...disable your hardware acceleration within your browser. I ran Chrome for a long time for Roll20 when suddenly I experienced the same problem as Joseph M, maps would not display for me despite other players within the same game being able to view them.  As a work around I ran Microsoft Edge which worked well until I downloaded the new version (rev 79) which now uses the same open source code as Chrome and experienced the same problem, maps would not display.  When I downloaded Firefox maps would display, confirming my suspicion that my browser, and not my system, was to blame. After toggling various features on and off I disabled hardware acceleration which ultimately worked in both Edge and Chrome.  Note you may have to restart your browser before the effects will take hold.  I hope that helps you.
Thank you SOOO much!! It works!! Oh my gosh, you are the best!