Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Fast Table entry

Hi - I am building my own game system, and need to create a bunch of tables with 100 unique entries each. It would be grand to be able to provide bulk load option.

Edited 1578411862
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I faintly remember there is or was an API (pro subscription feature) script that might do what you want. You could ask in the API forum about it.
Martin S. said: Hi - I am building my own game system, and need to create a bunch of tables with 100 unique entries each. It would be grand to be able to provide bulk load option. Martin, like Pat said, there are scripts that one can use to build tables fast out of Excel or any text file really. Here is a link to something I wrote about how I used it several years ago. Table Export and Excel* Hope it helps.
It would really be nice to not need a script to make a table out of excel/gsheets, though. Especially if you're a poor like me and have more important things to spend money on than a Pro subscription, like food and rent.

Edited 1578469963
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
We are not saying your suggestion is unworthy or poor. We are just indicating there is an existing method already. The cool thing is that you could do all the prep work of building the various tables in excel or text (maybe?) then spend 10 dollars for a month, use the script to build your tables and let the sub run out. You would have your tables and be out 10 dollars. I understand the poor part. I had to use almost a weeks vacation to keep my job when I did not have the gas to go to work.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .