Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

ERROR: Unable to find character to edit

I, the GM, cannot see the sheets, but my players can.   Help please.  I have cleared cache, logged out completely, reset some of the setups.  I have GM access to everything, but the character sheets.   
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Just something to check; make sure you are not logged in as a player.&nbsp; ( <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Settings#Exiting_and_GM_View_Modes" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Settings#Exiting_and_GM_View_Modes</a> )
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Have they perhaps been archived ? They would still open if someone shift-double-clicks their token, but would not show in the journal tab.
Tried changing from GM to Player and back, still get the error when I click on their sheet in the Journal They show in the journal tab, but when I click on them, I dont see them and I get the error.&nbsp; &nbsp; They can see their sheets. I sent a Email to customer service several days ago, and I havent received a response.
Okay, how bizarre. I literally tested Vince's response and it didnt work.&nbsp; I typed the above response, went back in and now..... I can see them.&nbsp; &nbsp; WTF?
What do you know, this is back again.&nbsp; &nbsp;This is getting very frustrating.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Is the issue occurring in just one game? Or is it across multiple games? Would you mind providing a link to the game in which you are experienced this to <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> please? I'll be keeping an eye out for it.
I think I have diagnosed what causes this issue.&nbsp; I am DM of one game and a player in another.&nbsp; &nbsp;When I switch between games (I exit out) and launch the other game, I get this error.&nbsp;&nbsp; Supposition: The server is choking on two games at the same time and does not allow me to access data within a game.&nbsp; &nbsp;