Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Request] Call of Cthulu Token Markers

Would be awesome to add some extra flavor to the game with this option
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
What sort of markers would you be looking for? Is there a list?
Ill make a list and get back to you.  
Major or Minor wound.,   insanity effects. Phobia, Mania, Compulsion, Amnesia, Temp, indefinite, perm Sanity
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'm in a position now to spend a little more time on this. I've never played the game, but would like these to be useful. The list could be made much longer if there are degrees or other conditions. Some questions:  Phobia, Mania, Compulsion, Amnesia are all insanity effects? Temporary, Indefinite, Permanent: Is there any need to indicate a permanent insanity with a token marker? Usually these indicate transitory conditions. Does a full campaign of CoC last long enough to make "permanent" just a character feature, or is it short enough that making it a condition would be useful? Do you think generic markers would be helpful: hiding, dodging, cover, blind, deafened, unconscious? How many of these might have game definitions? Are there combat maneuvers that would be helpful to be marked? Anybody familiar with CoC, please chime in.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Update. I'm working on these in my spare time. Since CoC has relatively fewer conditions, I'm also including tokens for out of mana points, and out of luck, as well as different classes of weapons and some equipment (which person is carrying the flashlight?). Any other ideas would be welcome.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Easy to Read Token Markers, the Cthulhu Edition is now available on the marketplace! Full details in the link!
Thanks.  I will pick them up this weekend when I get paid
I would like to suggest few additions. You could add: an Armor mark , mark for Major Wound and Dying ,  mark if token is Outnumbered in fight , mark for Suppressed by Fire , marks for Light, Medium and Heavy cover or at least that character is in cover , markings for Drowning, Suffocating, Falling, Poisoned,(maybe mark for the Grappled or Carried (this collections needs at least a one tentacle marking)) , mark for Silencer , mark for the Tommy Gun ("How could you forget it!?") , maybe Rifle with Scope, and a Whip for the Pulp games. Further suggestions:  Marking for different set of movement like standing/walking,running, walk stooping, crawling, flying, swimming. Maybe simple marks for vehicles; car, motorcycle, bicycle, motorcycle, plane, boat, yacht, horse, camel, donkey, elephant, whale etc. (well may not all of those) These could be useful in chases or when characters are on bigger map. Chancing the plain star to a awesome pentagram. This is Call of Cthulhu after all.