Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] PetTheDog -- interact with your best friend!

The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Now your character can interact with it's best friend!&nbsp; Select your pet token and run: !pet To pet someone else's companion, supply the id: !pet --ids @{target|token_id} <a href="https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/PetTheDog/PetTheDog.js" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/PetTheDog/PetTheDog.js</a>

Edited 1578622428
Gold
Forum Champion
Nice. Combine this with a +10 XP to your XP stats. Players be clicking it all day. Next, repurpose it as a Skyrim style ore mining. You mine the ore! + 1 (Gold/Silver) Ore
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
That reminds me of Leisure Suit Larry, when you fall off the cliff path and get lots of experience each time, then when you get to the end of the path it reverts it and says "you didn't think you'd get to keep all that?" =D

Edited 1578623322
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I knew this was going to happen after the roundtable.&nbsp; lol Can we get an animated gif for this as well? ;-P
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
What do you mean "after."&nbsp; I uploaded it during the round table... =D
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The Aaron said: What do you mean "after."&nbsp; I uploaded it during the round table... =D You really need to speed up your coding Aaron.&nbsp; Maybe you should get one of these..;-P
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I've got a silver Nissan Pathfinder... it's kind of like that... =D
How cute! =D

Edited 1578628833
Haven't seen the roundtable, but have definitly copied this script to all my games. Thanks! =D Edit: Accompany this with a macro like /me pets @{target|Pet|character_name}. !pet --ids @{target|Pet|token_id} My players will love it! =D
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
AWESOME! =D
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
For the next version of this, I want to track how long it is between logging in and petting your companion, then Tamagotchi up some emotional states based on attention and neglect.&nbsp; Also, I'd like to store the responses in a Rollable Table to make adding/editing easier. Community suggestions welcome!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Reminders? "Snuffy whines for attention" Unexpected bills? "Snuffy needs to have their claws/talons/tentacles trimmed." Unexpected...? "Snuffy presents you with [a dead bird/a litter of three]" Paranoia inducers? "Snuffy looks intently at an empty spot and makes a low, menacing noise..."
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I like it!&nbsp; Probably need a way to tie pets to their owners, and assign traits to them...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Users could fill out a pet questionnaire to personalize responses: ?{My pet's name is |name} ?{My pet is covered with |fur|feathers|scales|slime} ?{My pet |loves me|tolerates me|will eat me seconds after I die}
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Probably should get species, gender/pronouns, diet, size, etc.&nbsp; Favorite food, likes/dislikes.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
A must have script for all animal companions and familiars. ;-)
Cavni
Forum Champion
I. Love. You.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
=D
Standoffish companions (cats) should require an Animal Handling check to pet, or else take piercing/slashing damage.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Good point. The script entries could call for skill checks: Animal handling, nature, medicine, and most importantly, insight! "What's that, Lassie? What about Timmy?"

Edited 1578747236
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
... wait until the vet bills