Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Give Characters Their Own "Themes" Via Roll20AM?

Edited 1578763750
Hi Everyone! I'm rather new to coding (I have some experience though) and I have had some trouble using Roll20AM. I was able to open the config menu and remove all tracks/playlists and re-import them into Roll20AM, but I have had trouble using the other commands. I want to make a character sheet macro/ability that allows me to "roll the ability" and have Roll20AM to: Fade out/stop current music, regardless of what song/playlist is playing Fade In/play character theme I tried using: !roll20AM --audio,fade,out| Which didn't work. I then tried: !roll20AM --audio,stop| Which also didn't work. I tried "!roll20AM --audio,stop|" in both the chat and the macro and it didn't work.  I would prefer to use the fade command (since it's a smoother transition), but if I can get either command to work I will be happy. tl;dr: I want to fade the current track out, and fade in a new track via character ability, but the Roll20AM commands aren't working for me even after deleting all/and re-importing tracks/playlists
I'm investigating this on my end here, so I just wanted to ask - and maybe it's a silly question - if you're entering in the track names after the "|". For example, I have a track named "musicalegg". I import the track to jukebox, import the jukebox, and for me to fade it in, I would enter: " !roll20AM --audio,fade,in|musicalegg" And following this syntax functions as intended. Also, it might be worth checking to ensure you're using the latest version of this script as well.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You're missing tracks after the "|" !roll20AM --audio,start|comma delimited list of <tracknames> or <playlistnames> !roll20AM -audio,stop|comma delimited list of <tracknames> or <playlistnames>
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
LOL, love it that Roll20 team is using the API.  

Edited 1582253237
Juniper L. said: I'm investigating this on my end here, so I just wanted to ask - and maybe it's a silly question - if you're entering in the track names after the "|". For example, I have a track named "musicalegg". I import the track to jukebox, import the jukebox, and for me to fade it in, I would enter: " !roll20AM --audio,fade,in|musicalegg" And following this syntax functions as intended. Also, it might be worth checking to ensure you're using the latest version of this script as well. Victor B. said: You're missing tracks after the "|" !roll20AM --audio,start|comma delimited list of <tracknames> or <playlistnames> !roll20AM -audio,stop|comma delimited list of <tracknames> or <playlistnames> I see. To answer your question, I was not putting the trackname after the |. On the wiki it acted like I could just say "!roll20AM -audio,stop|" (minus the quotations) and it would stop playing all audio. Is there any way to make it to where I don't have to list a specific playlist or track name but rather it just fades out the current music? I was hoping to just have it Stop or Fade out all tracks that are currently playing. Apologies for taking so long, my group had taken about a month break and I had completely forgotten about this forum post.