Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Bars from Compendium drops not working correctly

Edited 1578790871
I'm running a 5e game. On the game settings page, it offers a nice, easy way to set the defaults for tokens being created using a compendium drop. However, despite these being the default settings , this does not work. Dragging a monster in from the compendium results in no such values or links. For example, when I drag in an air elemental: It properly links the character, but not the bar values. Now, I think I know the cause: When dragging a monster in, it opens a character sheet for that new monster, and creates it in the Journal. However, at time of creation, until that character sheet is closed, these are the only attributes that exist: Does anyone know how to fix this? or do I just have to deal with it myself? Note: I have seen that there are other threads on this topic, but I still haven't seen a solution and they're all over a year old.
If there's already a journal entry in that game corresponding to the monster (i.e. you've dropped it out of the compendium previously) you need to delete that entry and the new default token should create with the values you set.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's not the issue, according to my tests. I can duplicate wigsinator's issue by creating a game on my dummy (free) account, and dragging an SRD entry. Everything works properly however when dragging from the Monster Manual. It might be an issue of the SRD compendium creature not already having default token assigned. There's nothing for the values to be assigned to. I'll do more research and see what I come up with.
Ah, that might explain it. I am using a free account with just access to the SRD.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If that does turn out to be the case, the text on that part of the settings should be amended for clarity. That would cause frustration and wasted time for users.