Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question bout spell tokens

Edited 1578850835
i was browsing and saw a pack that said "if you give the players control of the journal they can use them to target thier...blah blah" um...how does one do that? i right clicked the token tab but it just comes up with copy to library and copy to folder.

Edited 1578851495
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's because at that point, it's still just an image, not a token that can be given permissions. Try these steps for each image you want to use. The order of #2 and #3 is important. 2 must come before 3. 1. Create a character called Fireball 2. Drag the fireball image to your VTT and size it properly 3. Tell the character called "Fireball" to use this image as its default token. 4. Set edit/control and in journal permissions for the character "Fireball" to "All Players" For organizational purposes, it would probably be best to put all your spell templates into their own folder.
ahhh that method..i thought maybe they had added it in. sorry for the confusion.