Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[D&D 5e] Shadow Blade, SCAG cantrips and Elven Accuracy

Since Shadow Blade is not in the compendium, I had to enter it manually into my character sheet. First problem is that there's no option for upcast scaling, I can seemingly only add a modifier such as an additional damage die for each level the spell is upcast, but Shadow Blade scales only with every second level: base level is 2nd with 2d8, at 3rd level it does 3d8, at 5th level it does 4d8 and at 7th level it does 5d8. Also I don't even get asked if I want to cast the spell at a higher level for whatever reason. it just makes an attack roll and then rolls 2d8+dex for damage. Next problem is with the SCAG cantrips. I had to enter them manually too. I decided to do them as global damage modifiers which allows me to apply them to both my regular weapon and my Shadow Blade easily. Is there a way to display the results of two rolls within one damage modifier seperately to get both the initial bonus damage and the extra damage which only applies if the opponent moves afterwards (Booming Blade) or only hits a second target that is close enough (Green Flame Blade)? I tried someting like 1d8+2d8, but Roll20 just adds that together. I could also just remove the extra damage from the global damage modifier and roll it seperately in the chat if needed, but of course it would be prettier if I could keep it in there ;) Last question is about Elven Accuracy. I found a "macro" that can be added into the rtype field in the character sheet's Attribute & Abilities tab, which creates a query when I want to roll something that allows me to choose wether I want to roll normal, with disadvantage, with advantage or with elven accuracy. The only thing I don't like there is that always having to answer the query can become annoying, especially when you have to do a lot of rolls and that without 3D dice activated players only see "two rolls" like a normal advantage roll due to the second roll being a 2d20k1 roll itself. Is there another solution for Elven Accuracy without having to type the rolls into the chat manually?

Edited 1578889350
Shadow Blade is tricky spell but I have found the easiest way to add it was to create an Attack for it in your Attacks & Spellcasting and adding 3 global modifers. The weapon itself should be doing 2d8 psychic damage and uses finesse and is light so it can be weilded in the offhand. Each global modifier should be 1d8, 2d8 and 3d8. This way you only add the levelled damage to your standard cast.  As for SCAG cantrips you need to use inline rolls which you can do by add "[[ ]]", eg [[1d8]]+[[2d8]]. This will show the rolls as two different results without adding them together. Elven Accuracy I honestly dont see a need to do anything as its simply rerolling. I would just have Advantage set to Toggle on my sheet. These are, by no means, perfect fixes but easy ways around it.