Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Issue with Ammo tracking and audio files conflicting

Edited 1578872001
Hello, I currently have the api script of audio master and OGL 5e companion enabled. I have an audio file of an arrow playing when you attack and while I have that in the description it wont track the arrow reduction but if I delete it then it starts working just fine. Can these two things not be used together? I tried using the ammo api script and couldnt make that work at all.
Hey Dallas B. -  I went ahead and moved your question over to the API Forum since it fits a bit better over there! :)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Can you post the command you're executing as part of the attack?  Are you using it in a macro, ability, or as part of a character sheet?
Sr. K
Pro
Sheet Author
I had the same problem, my solution was to start using the Customizable Roll Listener API from the drop down menu. It looks in chat imputs and rolls for selected templates and words reacting with the the desired effect, Roll20 AM in this case. This way you don't have to add the effect for each attack.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Dallas, this is because the OGL sheet changed the order it's rolls are coded in about a year or so ago. The trick of adding the api call to the end of the description no longer works because there is information after it now.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sr. K said: I had the same problem, my solution was to start using the Customizable Roll Listener API from the drop down menu. It looks in chat imputs and rolls for selected templates and words reacting with the the desired effect, Roll20 AM in this case. This way you don't have to add the effect for each attack. That's pretty clever, Sr. K. Can you give a bit more detail?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Heh, since that's what I initially developed CRL for, I can answer that one Keith. CRL just sends a chat message in response to patterns in a chat message. So, you can set it up for instance to look for {{rname=Longbow}} in the chat and then tell it to send something like the following command (I don't have Victor's R20AM syntax totally memorized) in response: !roll20AM --play|bow twang Any chat message that has {{rname=Longbow}} in it will be answered with the command above being sent to chat. Reminds me I need to get to work on my long back log of script updates. CRL, Page Navigator, Pathfinder Companion, and a couple others all need some big updates.
Sr. K
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks for your script Scott It's really useful and has lots of possibilities to explore. This is my current configuration using atkdmg and the name of the weapon:

Edited 1583698168
Hello, In regards to the CRL suggestion. I am sorry for the slow response my group has not been playing for the past month or so due to some life stuff we are about to restart sessions however. I have messed around with this a bit and I have been unable to get it to work. I'm finding the wiki a bit confusing and hard to follow I suppose. I'm not understanding the instructions on how to make it work. Simply I want a sound to play in response to seeing Longbow Shortsword etc but I'm unsure how to enter the commands into the chat. Any help talking to someone with little to 0 experience with programming would be helpful.