Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Including Music In Module?

The GM
Marketplace Creator
Hello, I've been hard at work finishing some (in my opinion) pretty cool map packs and things for the marketplace. I happen to also have quite a bit of experience with sound production and engineering and would like to create custom sound effects and tracks for these map pack adventures. Is there a way to include them in the module somehow?

Edited 1578918248
Spren
Sheet Author
Not that I know of. Music on the marketplace is something that's coming though. Might be worth it to you to send an email to <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> . and ask them about how that feature will interact with games and if it would be possible to include your tracks with a module.
There are map packs with music include. The Galaxy Interface does for sure.
Gold
Forum Champion
There are several Module products that HAD music, but the music became broken when Fanburst connection went out. At that time, the technique for the module maker was: Upload your music to Fanburst, set up your Game with the music in it, then work with Roll20 Marketplace to install your game as a sellable module. Something similar would probably still be in effect --- populate the Jukebox in your Game with the music, then package that game to sell as a Marketplace Module. However this does not answer how to do so, in the current/new Jukebox and sound-uploading setup. I bet there is a way. Personally I would like to see past Modules that HAD music, restored to fix the music, but I do not know if that will happen. The good news here is that Market Modules have included music before, via Jukebox.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I created the Abattoir 8 adventure for Iron GM Games. It has ambient sounds/music that load when the players are moved to the page as well as an audio distress call to play for the players. So it is definitely possible with the current system and is probably more robust since it does not rely on outside services.
The GM
Marketplace Creator
Brian C. said: I created the Abattoir 8 adventure for Iron GM Games. It has ambient sounds/music that load when the players are moved to the page as well as an audio distress call to play for the players. So it is definitely possible with the current system and is probably more robust since it does not rely on outside services. How do you add the music into the game?
The GM
Marketplace Creator
Got it figured. Thanks!