Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Cannot right click on map

Hello, I have been trying to use the grid alignment tool to resize my map. I am in as the GM, and am on the map/background layer with Select/Pan on Select. I can click on the map to display the blue border for dragging and manually resizing. However when I try and right click, nothing happens. I've tried it on both my desktop and laptop (via Google Chrome) but no luck. Any ideas?

Edited 1578959023
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
So you are on the same layer as the map and right click to get the pop up menu then go to advance then click on align to grid? Nothing happens? No black box with instructions pop up? Do you have the grid enabled? It will not function if the grid is not enabled.
Grid is enabled. Im on the same layer as the map but when I right click, no pop up menu comes up.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This is a pretty basic function to have fail. It's probably a good candidate to run through the  guide to  Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions  and  anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!)
Okay I will try this. One thing to note, I am working on an iMac and a Macbook. Would that cause any issues?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It should not. I use an iMac and can get the right-click menu without issue. To clarify, can you get a contextual menu anywhere else in the app? Tokens on the token layer, for example? BTW, the first three steps are designed to winnow away most likely causes, but step 4 gathers essential information the devs will need to find out what is going on.
Hey David A. -  Just checking in, did the steps keithcurtis provided above help solve this issue for you? If not, would you mind providing me the information as listed in Step 4 , please? Thank you for your patience!
Hello everyone, I was able to get the pop up menu to work on my laptop. However, I still cannot get it to work right on my other computer. I went through steps 1-3 but it didn’t seem to make a difference. I was using an iMac (latest OS version) and was on Google Chrome.  -Dave A-

Edited 1579389931
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Remember if  none of the previous steps succeed, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget to post the complete Console Log!)
Hey there David A. -&nbsp; As Pat S. mentioned, if you could provide all the pieces needed from step 4, that would greatly help us in troubleshooting whatever might be going on here. I went ahead and dropped the rest of that needed information below for your convenience. If you are unsure of how to find this information, most of it should be available via Support Details. Browser Version If Javascript is enabled Your anti-virus software List of any browser add-ons or extensions enabled A Console Log from the moment you logged into the page through when you encountered the issue.&nbsp; Directions for providing a console log in Chrome can be seen here: <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040673774" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040673774</a> . The directions for Firefox are described here: <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040673814" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040673814</a> .